cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger BIC Mapping Designer: Special Character (German Umlaut) Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have created a Mapping with Seeburger Mapping Designer (Invoicd96a to XML). I started the test environment, compiled the mapping and converted the Message to XML. I got a syntax error in the destination file so i added the setSourceEncoding("UTF-8") option and i got a working xml file.

My problem is that all special characters, will be displayed as ? So the word "Beträge" will be converted to "Betr?ge".

What i have to di, to fix this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The use of the functions

setSourceEncodung()

and

setDestinationEncoding()

could solve the Problem

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have to create an Edifact to XML Mapping with the BIC Mapping Designer. After creation i can deploy this mapping to SAP XI and calling it by using it as module in the specified adapter.

My idea is that the mapping should working correct in test enviroment before i deploy to SAP PI.

Perhaps anyone has an idea.

regards

Matthias

P.S.: A few month ago i had a similar problem with the conversion agent and it was just a "secret" checkbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you set your encoding to "ISO8859-1" and check?

Regards,

Kai

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Make sure your source XML data doesn't have any characters that are used for Segment separators or Element separators. May be then, you wouldn't get a syntax error when testing the X2E mapping.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

@Kai

I set the codpage to "ISO8859-1". The result is a xml file with a wrong syntax its broken

@Ravi

I think there must be the problem but i can fix it by setting the codepage to UTF-8.

The problem is still that special characters would be displayed as ?

Thanks for your ideas

Former Member
0 Kudos

But UTF-8 basically does not support these signs (like ä, ü, ö, ...) ISO encoding in XML should be to correct one here. When XML header is <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-1"?> the XML is broken?

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now that UTF-8 cannot handle Genrma Umlaut characters, I am suggesting you to fix the Data in the XML.

Check for any segement/element separator characters coming in the data and remove, instead of changing the encoding.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that either your input encoding does not match the input encoding of the file you are converting or the output encoding does not cover the umlauts. Make sure you use an encoding (both ways) which covers the umlauts !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seeburger Mapping designer is a tool to develope the X2E (XML to EDI) and E2X (EDI to XML) Mapping programs, after we develope this programs we can configure this files in the AS2 Adapter in module tab.

Suppose X2E mapping executed then the XML file data is converted to the EDI message, if it is E2X then the mapping program converts the EDI message to XML format.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

as far as I know Seeburger BIC Mapping Designer (tool) is not used in XI

only Seeburger adapter modules for XI

so I'm not sure if this quesiton is relavant for this forum

you should try on some Seeburger forums maybe

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk