cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with summarised values in cross tabs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using crystal reports 2008 and I have created a cross-tab with change of year forming the columns and change of month forming the rows. The problem I am having is the cross tab is filling in rows for the later months of 2009 with 0 where they should be blank as data doesn't exist for these months yet. When I graph this with months on the x-axis and a line for each year, the line for 2009 dives to 0 where I would like it to only draw the line for the values that exist.

I hope this make sense.

Thanks

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Go in cross tab expert --Customize Style and check Suppress Blank columns and Blank Rows. This will remove empty columns and rows. If this is not suppressing check whether you have inserted any totals.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't think I explained my problem very well. I have monthly sales data every month from January 2007 to last month. I have placed the sales data in a cross tab with year in the column part and months in the row and have also inserted an embedded summary to calculate a long running average. The problem is that the Sales summarised field is returning a total of 0 for April to December 2009 when there isn't any data for those months. I have tried to show this below. Apologies if it doesn't display properly

2007 2008 2009

Jan 23 11 45

Feb 22 21 65

Mar 32 16 12

Apr 15 33 0

May 6 90 0

Jun 11 76 0

July 23 34 0

Aug 33 13 0

Sept 12 43 0

Oct 14 12 0

Nov 43 32 0

Dec 44 56 0

Thanks

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Right click on Sales summarised and go in format fieldcommon tabDisplay String--X-2 (formula editor) write the following formula

If currentfieldvalues=0 then " "

This will remove 0 vlues.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry

This still plots the non-existant 0 values in the graph from cross tabs. Is there a way to tell it not to plot these values?

Thanks

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I think it can't be restricted in graph. Try to create a mock cross tab and specity the values in graph.

Thanks,

Sastry

Answers (0)