SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credits and marks for the same program of study

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

The following is the method followed in few universities here in india.,

1) A module has credits as well as marks. Credits will be allotted when the student passes the module which inturn is determined with the marks ( there will a pass mark for each module ) he gained in the module exam.

2) Cumalated credits in all modules will determine his elgibility to progress to the next academic year.

3) At the end of the academic year, his performance is analysed based on the total marks he gained during the academic year. E.g., If he scores 70 marks out of 100, he will be in dean's list.

Credits are not a measure of his performance and any financial aid.

Now, my problem arises in implementing both credits as well as marks because so far i have only worked on either marks or credits but not on both

Requesting a solution to suit my requirement

Sravan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sravan, at the moment of appraisal, you can use BADI "Control Assignement of Credits" (Campus Management Procesess > Appraisals> Business Add ins) to set graded and earned credits to students.

We are using this BADI to set credits gained for students when they are graded and completes a module.

The code we use at the BADI is the following:

method IF_EX_HRPIQ00_GRADEFUP~EVALUATE_FOLLOW_UP.

• set credits only if grade symbol is entered

if not i_appraisal-gradesym is initial.

• call function 'hriq_modul_credits_get'

• exporting

• imp_plvar = '01'.

• IMP_KEYDA

• IMP_ISTAT

if i_appraisal-is_passed = 'X'.

c_follup-cpgraded = c_follup-cpattemp.

else.

clear c_follup-cpgraded.

endif.

c_follup-cpearned = c_follup-cpgraded.

endif.

endmethod.

Hope this helps, if this is what you really need. But I am not sure as you previously said that you already use grade and credit assignment in a separate way... Maybe you are already using this BADI.

Diego

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sravan, can you clarify a little bit what you need? Where do you need to use both marks and credits? At progression audits? Are you already assigning student credits and marks at the time of assigning appraissals?

Thanks,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

Student progress classification ( freshman, sophomore etc., ) is determined by the credits he earned and for other progression categories like academic honors, academic standing etc., are determined from the marks he gets.

and Yes, as per this requirement there is a need to capture marks as well as credits simultaneously in the appraisal.

Sravan

Edited by: Sravan on Apr 3, 2009 12:34 PM

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sravan, at the moment of appraisal, you can use BADI "Control Assignement of Credits" (Campus Management Procesess > Appraisals> Business Add ins) to set graded and earned credits to students.

We are using this BADI to set credits gained for students when they are graded and completes a module.

The code we use at the BADI is the following:

method IF_EX_HRPIQ00_GRADEFUP~EVALUATE_FOLLOW_UP.

• set credits only if grade symbol is entered

if not i_appraisal-gradesym is initial.

• call function 'hriq_modul_credits_get'

• exporting

• imp_plvar = '01'.

• IMP_KEYDA

• IMP_ISTAT

if i_appraisal-is_passed = 'X'.

c_follup-cpgraded = c_follup-cpattemp.

else.

clear c_follup-cpgraded.

endif.

c_follup-cpearned = c_follup-cpgraded.

endif.

endmethod.

Hope this helps, if this is what you really need. But I am not sure as you previously said that you already use grade and credit assignment in a separate way... Maybe you are already using this BADI.

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody help!!!!!