Carry-forward Calculating Data, but not Updating
Currently having difficulty in getting results to generate for the Balance Carryforward in BPC 7.0M version. Receiving the following in the log message after the logic is executed:
Executing SPCOPYOPENING [FINANCE], [ACTUAL], [LC], [SPSCOPE_808950], [SPLOG_926445]
SPCopyOpening Version 7.0.112
336 Rows Calculated
0 Rows Updated
- Why only 336 rows Calculated?
- Why 0 rows Updated?
- Loaded 453 records of data into Time member 2007.012 for Actual category u2013 all records are related to balance sheet accounts.
- Added DIMLIST property to Account dimension and specified u2018BSu2019 for all base level balance sheet accounts and u2018ISu2019 for all income statement accounts.
- Actual category dimension member has OPENING_YEAR property with value of u20182007u2019 and OPENING_PERIOD property with value of u20182007.012u2019
- Configured Carry-forward Business Rules for the following:
o Source Account: u2018BSu2019 (in reference to all balance sheet accounts via the DIMLIST property of account)
o Source Flow: u2018TotalActivityu2019
o Destination Account: I left this blank as help documentation suggests that by doing so, the account will remain the same once carried forward
o Destination Flow: u2018OpenBalu2019
o Reverse Sign: I left this as unchecked
o Data Source Type: Input only (data was loaded into an Input data source)
o Same Period: I left this as unchecked
o Apply to YTD: I left this as unchecked (have also tried to run with this checked and obtain the same results as above)
- Input the following logic into Default.lgx:
RunCopyOpening (FINANCE, LC, ACTUAL, 2008.001, 1001)
(Have also tried RunCopyOpening (FINANCE, LC, ACTUAL, [%SCOPETABLE%], [%LOGTABLE%]) and received the same results)
- Executed the logic via Data Manager package and selected the following parameters:
o Category: Actual
o Entity: 1001 (the only entity for which data was loaded)
o Period: 2008.001
I have reviewed the ['How-To'|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b026be43-40cf-2b10-6cae-ed8900ace7f9] document on setting up the Carryforward and also a few other postings on this board related to carry-forward and have tried suggestions in those threads to no avail.
I would be grateful for any assistance you can provide and please let me know if you need any further details.