Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing download request for MAM30_001

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are currently running MAM30 SP12. We have seen that one user sends his updated orders towards the middleware, but no download request is sended afterwards. This has only occurred once. Also some other users experienced this sometimes, but not frequently. When the user performs another sync, then everything is fine again.

Can this be a connection problem, GPRS problem? Is this something that is known for SP12?

We can't see anything strange in merep_mon, merep_log. We also did no adjustments to the client code to suppress this download request... Any ideas?

thx

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

In simple words, we need more than 1 sync cycle to fully synchronize the application. I mean what you are gonna ask next. I always get a successful sync message? This is not an error situation but it is related to how the smart sync actually works.

You can if you want use repetitive synchronization, but bear in mind that it takes longer to finish synchronizing. You can refer to the following link for the same:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/6f/177c40ffd3cd62e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope that solves your query.

Regards,

Veera

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veera,

We are already using repetitive sync. But let's clarify a little bit further my issue:

The request messages from a mobile device in one synchronization cycle include:

● Upload messages for all the objects created, modified, or deleted on the device since the last synchronization.

● Download request messages for all the SyncBOs included in the mobile application on the device.

For one user , on a rarely occasion, the download request for MAM30_001 was missing, some others users experienced this also in the past. It's like the setting on the client to surpress the download request was there for one moment. I've read this can also be programmed, but this is not done by us.

any ideas?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

A definitive answer is possible only after looking at the systems. I would recommend you either debug or raise an OSS message for SAP.

Regards,

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

MAM works in "ASYNC" mode by default. SAP MI lets applications work in SYN C or ASYNC mode. In the SYNC mode the data request and response occurs in the same cycle (time out permitting). In the ASYNC mode the request is sent in one cycle and the response comes back in the next cycle i.e. next Sync.

In the ASYNC mode of working when a request is sent the readily available response form the previous sync in the middleware is sent to the client.

You can change the behaviour of MAM to SYNC by changing the properties UPD_SYNC and DWN_SYNC to SYNC in the file ALMConfig.properties. One catch is that this property gets activated in MAM only when you click on the MAM link in the MAM home page.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dilip

http://www.indience.com

http://www.indience.com/index.php/products/mobile-asset-management.html

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Dilip,

We are using ASYNC mode. But even then, normally in the first sync cycle he sends all the update requests for his current orders so that this orders are updated in the backend. Also an additional request (download) request to receive new orders is send in this cycle. This is normal behavior. Then in the next sync cycle he receives his new orders which in the meantime were prepared by the backend and middleware.

But we have seen for this user that one download request was missing. The download request was then sent in a next synchronisation cycle. Could this be a sync problem?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

The causes can be many. One probable cause is that the particular record was being modified in the backend while this sync occurred. If the records are in sync state then that record is left out by the getlist.

Does this occur often or is it an one-off issue?

Regards,

Dilip

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Dilip,

Thanks for your replies. Thing is, he doesn't trigger a getlist, because there is no download request from the client to obtain the new orders. This is a one-off issue. It is like the download request for this syncbo is suppressed one time (which is a functionality of MAM client application which we don't use).

kind regards