cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generating automatic packing proposal for BOM materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to generate an automatic packing proposal for BOM in Sales order / outbound delivery.

Please help me in creating packing instructions for the components in the BOM

and then creating packing determination records for the BOM ( i should be able to assign the indiviudla packing instructions for the components of BOM to hte BOM header material , right now system does not allow to assign this )

so that i can generate an automatic packing proposal for BOM in SO creation or delivery or shipment creation.

Please help us

thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to creation packing instruction with subordinate items?

I.e.

Pakcing instruction as follows:

10 P PALLET 2 (packing material main BOM header component)

20 M 161 (BOM header material)

30 I BOM COMPONENT (entering I results in creating a new POP1 for the subitem and thus creates a new separate instruction)

40 I BOM COMPONENT 2 (idem as previous)

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the response

I tried what you suggested. but the problem is the diffrent components of BOm are packed in different style ( cases and pallets ). So i maintain a packing instruction for components and when i try to create a packing determination record for proposing automatically in sales order system is not saving and throwing error "the packed material is not in the packing instruction"

since i am trying to assig packing instructions of the components along with BOM header and since BOM header material does not exist in the sub ordinate instructions ( component packing instructions). i am not able to generate packing determination record.

so Please advise me.

thanks

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried again with your solution, it worked with out any issue.

Thanks a lot for your help.

regards

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.MZ,

I have read your reply, I am facing the problem in Creation Multilevel HUM I also created Packing instruction and determination has also been done but not able to get it automatically as well as manual for multi level I would appreciate if you can kindly provide some configuration steps as how get this problem.

Kind regards,

Parvez khot

Answers (0)