cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS - Private and Public Root Folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Easy DMS, or in Document Browser, the Private and Public folders are created using 'FOL" Document Type..

How to change this settings.. I want root folders to be created in another Document type..

Any suggestions??

Regards

Aby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks guys... I have some more queries as below

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Delete the existing folders and then created new one with desired document type. After creation it is not possible to change the doc type.

rgds

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using both SAP DMS and Easy DMS.. I have some more queries as follows.. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong

As the DIR's created in SAP DMS are not part of any parent Folder, these Documents are not reflected either in Private or Public folders in Easy DMS.. So there are three types now

1) Documents in Private Folders

2) Documents in Public Folders

3) Documents which are not in Private / Public Folders

My queries are

A) Can we create DIR 's which are not supposed to be in Private or Public folders using Easy DMS?. ie Documents as mentioned in 3)..

To be more specific, as in SAP DMS , can we create DIR's which are not part of any parent folders through Easy DMS??

B) Its not allowing to Delete DIR's from Search option.. Any way to do this??

C) Can we create more than one Public Folder?? I dont want the second Public folder insider another one.. At the same level can we create more Public Folders..??

Any help on these would be appreciated

Regards

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wehn you create DIR' s using Easy DMS then they are in the Public folder or Private folder. This only means that they are either avaialable for every one using Easy DMS to work on or not. They ( DIR's ) if created are in the backend R/3 system.

When you delete using the trash can in Easy DMS , then in the backend R/3 system the DIIR deletion flag is set.

I believe that only one Public Folder can be set up -but several private folders in Easy DMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarita,

Thanks for ur answer.. I understand that.. But my question is

- In R/3 we can create DIR's without any root folder.. can we do the same in Easy DMS without any root folders involved??

Regards

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think so , they would have to be created under a root folder in Easy DMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when u create any dir in easydms it attaches it to BOM. So one workaround is that after creating DIR in easyDMS, open it from eDMS using change with sap gui, and there use CV13, to delete it from the BOM.that way it wont be visible in eDMS anymore

rgds

anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create the public root folder you can select the document type. The Document number needs to be EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER.

Regards

Thomas