cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid first row of table to be automatically selected?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set Selection mode = Unselectable for a table. Still when the table is displayed the first row is selected (shown in other color than the other rows). I simply would like to display this table without any rows being selected, ever.

Please help

Henning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is strange Henning. I use some tables in a model to display results from queries and no row is selected at all. I use the unselectable option too. Maybe the color scheme has influence as well? I use neutral color for the tables. Which version are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan

Thanks for reply. I am on 7.00 SPS 17. Default color scheme. I will try another.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan

Changing frame style does not help. The only time I see that the first row does not get selected is if there is only one row in the result set. If two or more then the first one is highlighted.

What other layout settings do you apply?

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basheer

I know of this Wiki, but this is related to when you actually use the select event in a table. In my case I am not using row selection at all. Does this Wiki still apply?

I could of course try, but if you know already I am happy to ask.

Thanks

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below link for inactive the first row select for a table.

/people/jarrod.williams/blog/2006/12/14/visual-composer-tips-and-tricks

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at the Wiki once again I can't see how this is going to help me. The solution is about not to send information from the selected row out from the table. This is not relevant. I simply have one start point with an sql query, one jdbc data source and one table. The table is only to display the query result. NO selection is to be made.

So therefore I do not want my first row to be highlighted (selected) by default.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Changeinitialselect

Just "find" a row that doesn't exist and let's see, if any record gets selected or not....you need to give such formula which will select row where there is no record.

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, that sounds like an idea. But where do you suggest I set the find row action? There is no input button or toolbar where the user triggers anything. One startpoint with query, one data source, one table. query runs on load.

??

Henning