cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post actual revenue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how to post actual revenue for the project?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Ahmed said,

Link your project (WBS element which is marked as "Billing element") to the sales order.

Whenever FI receives payments against the Invoice raised (for ex: milestone billing) with the customer, revenues will reflect in your project.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harsh,

If SD is not implemented in your project then also you can plan as well as you can post the actual revenue.

For plan revenue u can creat billiong plan for the WBS element in transaction CJ20N. For actual revenue you can create the invoice using transaction FB70.

While creating invoice using FB70 enter the WBs elements for against which invoice need to be generated.

When u will create the invoice actual revenues will appear on the project.

Regards,

Sudhir kesarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harsh,

i am also doing same project in which we plan revenues manually through cj42 and plan cost of each wbs in cj40.  could you tell how that fb50 transaction code works in order to get actual revenue.

thanks,

abhinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i got it via fb50 to post revenue under our given requirements.

Thanks Everybody!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are having rnd projects, academic projects, customer projects, maintenance projects, other internal projects.

what i understand from discussion :

for customer and maintenance projects , we have to maintain sales order to show revenues.

rnd and internal projects will become asset to the organization.

now for academic projects (i.e. our org. is running some courses (6 months, 2yrs )), student fees is considered as revenue, how to show this revenue on wbs element?

Thanks!

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For academic projects also, you can create sales order. In the sales order mention price based on the number of student & course fee for each student.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any other way for academic projects that u can think of ??

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know. Wait for other's responses on this.

But to capture revenues, Linking sales order to your project, is standard & best practice.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

U can use KB41N to post revenue amount to WBS element.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have used fb70 tcode and entered an invoice for the customer and revenue element abd wbs element.

is this work around right?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsh

This is FI posting and nothing is wrong in it. However it all depends on the business process and the modules you are implementing ?

As per your intial posts you are not using SD modules. So how are the revenues going to be captured out of SAP ? Is there any legacy system or how the sales order will be processed ? Since you are implementing FICO I guess you need to update you Revenue accounts. How are you doing that? It is not necessary that Revenues are always captured against WBS. For example in my present project we are not capturing revenues against WBS. Howvever the client is implementing full fledge SD functionality.

While invoicing the G/L account is determined, based on condition types mapped to different G/ls. So WBS is not coming in picture.

If you capture revenues in WBS, then it will follow settlement process.

Hope this helps

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hmmm

is not there other way we can do posting of revenue/

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can directly do FI postings thru FB50. Maje sure that you use Revenue G/L account and assign WBS on Dr posting entry.

The revenue will be reflected against your WBS.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

but we are not implementing sd module

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what kind of projects you are doing? What are the modules that are being implemented? If you give these details, may be then you'll get good solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hr, fico, ps, mm are being implemented in our org.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kind of projects you are doing?

customer project, cost project etc...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

rnd

academic

customer

maintenance projects

other internal projects

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Maintainance & customer projects, you must have sales order. Who is taking care of quotation, sales order etc in your project?

Otherwise, without sales order, how does your project generates revenue?

Rest of the projects what have mentioned, I believe come under Investment/ cost project (They'll become asset to your company, they do not generate revenue immediately/ may generate at a later stage/ may not generate at all).

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Maintainance & customer projects, you must have sales order. Who is taking care of quotation, sales order etc in your project?

Otherwise, without sales order, how does your project generates revenue?

Rest of the projects what have mentioned, I believe come under Investment/ cost project (They'll become asset to your company, they do not generate revenue immediately/ may generate at a later stage/ may not generate at all).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

quotations and other sales related things are done manually, ps will have to maintain data form planning phase and not before that and revenue should be posted via fi people.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even though it's done manually, some one has to enter the sales order in the system right?

Once you have sales order, then only you can link your sales to your project/WBSE.

Just work around this, you'll get the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have marked wbs element as billing element.

now by which t code fi will post revenue to this wbs element?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harsh...u have marked WBS as billing element..thats ok...have u assign that WBSE to any sales order...if not...assign to sales order and then create billing document via VF01 to the sales order...u will see the revenue in WBSE..but before this sales order and billing should be configured.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VA02, open your sales order, go to acct. assignment tab, assign your WBSE (marked as billing element) & save.

Then go to VF01 to create billing document.

I suggest you to discuss with your SD guy, he'll help you.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assign WBS to the sales order item in Account assignment tab...create billing document for the sale order item....actual revenue will be posted to the WBS whenever u create billing document.