cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change a message type from "Error" to "Warning" in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to change the below mentioned message type from type "Error" to "Warning".

/SAPAPO/MA502 - "Not possible to carry out the forecast - no historical data"

Please advise as to how I can change this message type to a warning message.

Thanx

Keegan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

How did u resolve this error? I am having the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to change the message type in APO- Production planning and detial scheduling through customization "Maintain Exception group" but no idea for DP , search in customization may be possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keegan,

The error and warning message types will be in-built into the programme carrying the job which run. If the message types require change, then the programme needs to be looked out for change. If it is SAP standard programme, then change cannot be done directly. You need to copy the programme into a customised Z programme and make changes using an abapper to change the logic.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am currently running a background job and when I go into /SAPAPO/MC8K - Manage Job Logs and view the log details the below mentioned error is stored for products that

do not have 12 months history data :

/SAPAPO/MA502 - "Not possible to carry out the forecast - no historical data".

It is correctly identifying materials without 12 month history and not forecasting them,by generating the above mentioned error message, however I want to change this message type from an "Error" to "Warning".

Please advise as the above suggestion you gave me does not apply.

Thanx

Keegan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keegan,

Use t-code /SAPAPO/AMON_SETTING - Set Alert Monitor, at Forecast tab, under Demand planning - Forecast values, the message type like error, warning, information are being controlled.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.