cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk for VAR-Connection VAR/Customers Solution Managers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have configured web scenario for Service Desk for VAR.

But the right scenario should be: the customer open a message into his solution manager and this is connected to my solution manager, so that I recieve the message into my solution manager.

Now, I haven't found any documentation it's written in how I can configure and "link" my solution manager and the solution manager of my customer (I have just searched into sap support portal).

Did anyone implement this scenario? Where can I find the right documentation?

Thank a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor

>

> Hi gurus,

> I have configured web scenario for Service Desk for VAR.

> But the right scenario should be: the customer open a message into his solution manager and this is connected to my solution manager, so that I recieve the message into my solution manager.

Please check this demo:

[How To: Setup Service Desk 2 Service Desk (Demo) |http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000085402&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_OBJECT=011000358700000129912009E]

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Ruediger,

I've tried to configurate the VAR scenario linking customer SM with VAR SM, using the demo You've suggested me. I have a problem: when I create a support message from customer Sm to VAR SM, the system display the error SOLMAN_ICT02 (External system NAME OF THE SYSTEM rejected the call); the error code is 13 and the detail is The system ID is unknown.

Note that the RFC connection works properly.

Have You and hint? Have I forgotten something?

Thanks for You help.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ghailckagh,

Are you currently working for customer CO...... in Italy?

If yes, let's wait on the result of the customer message with a similar problem description, which has been created yesterday.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have solved configuring it with the german guide for external help desk on sapnet.

It used the rfc and not the webservices and it works without any problem.

However in my solman VAR the message seems locked . I connot confirm nor propose a solution. maybe it's missing some customizing to forward the solution to the previous solution manager.

DO you have any suggestion where to find it ?

When I check from transaction ICTCONF in VAR it gives :

Service Desk interface customizing error (status) (see long text)

Message no. SOLMAN_ICT017

Diagnosis

The assignments of Solution Manager Service Desk status values to connected external Service Desk E0008 are incorrect or incomplete.

Status value for which there is no assignment, or which is not defined in Solution Manager Service Desk is:SLFN0001

Procedure

Check and correct the assignments of Solution Manager Service Desk status values to connected external Service Desk E0008

ths for any feedback

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello,

> I have solved configuring it with the german guide for external help desk on sapnet.

> It used the rfc and not the webservices and it works without any problem.

> However in my solman VAR the message seems locked . I connot confirm nor propose a solution. maybe it's missing some customizing to forward the solution to the previous solution manager.

> DO you have any suggestion where to find it ?

Just a short hint.

The missing "confirm", "propose solution" may be related to your test setup:

[SAP Note 1173808 - Work Centers: Incident Reply/Confirm should not be available|http://www.service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1173808]

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

for your problem

The solution could be that you need to adjust the status profile of the solman which sends the issue to another system.

Status E0008 is for marking the status completeId, i belive you will have to add two more statuses in the same profile 1. Issue sent to ext desk 2. Issue closed in Ext service desk.

Iam also faicng similar problem can you pls give me the link of the Configuration guide in german of sap net.

and if you have already resolved the same error please let me know the procudure of how to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Nanda,

i sent u through email the pdf in german. As you have seen it just use an RFC between the two systems to and this configuration should be done in both system .

what do u mean with "adjust the status profile of the solman which sends the issue to another system" ?

Did i have to do something in SPRO? Some entries missing in DNO_CUST04?

ths !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

When you transfer a support message from system1 to system2 in such case what will be the status of the message in System1

It wil be " Message Sent to External Service desk" do you have this status in system 1 (if not add the same status profile in spro)

When system2 closes the issue how this will it be communincated to system 1 for this you should have "Synchronise with External service desk" ( add the same in status profile in spro)

I belive when you are trying to test the ICTCONF the system checks the Status profile of the other system and it is not finding those relavatant statuses required.

Check the Help.sap scenario B for this one for a clear idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again Nanda,

I have solved the problem related to the action missing on my VAR . Simply I put a flag (execution in dialog) on the action AI_SDK_STANDARD for the action :

AI_SDK_SP_SEND_THIRD

AI_SDK_SP_SOL_THIRD

AI_SDK_SP_SYNC_THIRD

and after went to processing type (without touching anything there) .

They should be green even in the transportable condition .

The action then appeared .

Now the two system dialog well.

One another question.

How do I CLOSE the message in my VAR ?

If I try to put on the satellite solman the message in CONFIRMED and save , after in my VAR the messagge cannot be closed. It seems "freezed" there.

there's no way to close . And if I try to synchronize it , it says

Error code: 90 (CRM_ORDER008,22)

Error details:

No changes possible in document

any other hint ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

I've just started to setup an external Service Desk between two Solution Manager systems. In one of them, the one which has to act as external Service Desk, I can forward the message to the central Service Desk, but, when I try to send a message back to external Service Desk, I can't.

When I configure SAP Solution Manager Service Desk Interface and check it, I get the same message as you:

Diagnosis

The assignments of Solution Manager Service Desk status values to

connected external Service Desk E0008 are incorrect or incomplete.

Status value for which there is no assignment, or which is not defined

in Solution Manager Service Desk is:SLFN0001

Procedure

Check and correct the assignments of Solution Manager Service Desk

status values to connected external Service Desk E0008

I've followed your answers and put the flag execute in dialog for actions:

AI_SDK_SP_SEND_THIRD

AI_SDK_SP_SOL_THIRD

AI_SDK_SP_SYNC_THIRD

But I still can't send the message back.

Is there something I forgoted?

Thanks and regards,

Tomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello tomas, sorry for the long delay in the answer.

I had the same problem and what I've done (as SAP suggested) is to update my (VAR) system to EHP1 . The satellite solman can be the same . no update is required.

So you can connect one or more solman to your VAR .

For the specific problem you have hope you have checked with transaction ICTCONF if your connection is ACTIVE ; if the EXTERNAL SERVICE DESK TYPE it has been set to Service provider customer (available only if you are in EHP1) and if your connection to solman over SM59 is ok and the remote logon works.

Make sure you have done a complete generation of profiles used by the user given in SM59 .

bye!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have EHP1 in one solman and lesser patch levell in another this should not be problem

In system with lower patch levell try t code ictconf use option donot overwrite old values this should resolve the problem of E008 .

Thanks Nanda

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You.

I'll try and tell You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. But how can I forward a customer message to my solution manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SLFN message that is created in satellite SM is trasferred in the system that is defined in table BCOS_CUST (entry OSS_MSG).

So, in satellite SM defina a RFC to you VAR SM. Than entry the name of this connection in field "destination" for value OSS_MSG in table BCOS_CUST.

Regards,

Borut

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

use the RFC Connections.