cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forex Difference in case of customer partial payment receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we have scenarios where we receive part payment in case of foreign cutomer.

Now when we receive part payment in case of foreign currency invoice we use Residual payment TAB.

In this case system is calculating the forex difference on the full amount not on the partial amount. As per the requirement the system should pass Forex diff amount to the extent of partial received amount to show the correct Realised gain effect.

Example: The invoice amount us 1000 USD @ 45/dollar

Received part payment 500 USD @ 40/dollar

I am using T code F-28(Residual payment)

The USD effect is shown below

USD INR

Dr. Bank a/c 500 20000

Dr. Customer a/c 500 20000

Cr. Customer a/c 1000 45000

Dr Exchange Diff a/c 0.00 5000

In the above entry the system is passing exchange diff as Rs. 5000 but it should be Rs 2500.

In the above example If I am receiving the full amount within a particular fiscal year then there is no problem, as the net effect of the forex difference will be correct within a year.

Problem arise when i receive the part payment this year and rest of the payment in the next year. Because my realised loss is over stated by Rs 2500 in the above case.

Is there any possible way to show the exchange diff is 2500 not 5000?

Please help anyone.....

Regards

Paul

Edited by: Paul01 on Apr 9, 2009 9:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In residual payment, a new line is generated for the remaining amount. hence, balance amount is getting re-valuated with the new rates.

Try using partial payment and then clear the payment received and invoice via f-32.

Or try if there is a possibilty to change the amount in company code currency for the new customer item, manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Yes you are right when you say that system revalues the entire customer invoice.

But the company does not want that. They want their actual invoice(remaining balance) to remain with rate at which the invoice was posted. Therefore as per company's requirement system should only revalue the amount in FC (Partial) which is received.

In the present scecario system revalues the entire invoice which inturn show my overstated Realised gain or loss. Now is there any solution where i can only revalue the partial amount.

Note: System does not allow you the change the INR value in the forex diff line item unless i change the FC amount.

Any solution of above problem?

Still not solved, ur suggestion can be very crucial.....

Edited by: Paul01 on Apr 15, 2009 9:03 AM

Edited by: Paul01 on May 5, 2009 8:06 AM