cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM IPC 4.0 Configurations validity for Pricing in CIC screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on CRM 4.0 SP9 version. We have configured the CIC and Mobile Sales Scenario. We have downloaded all the customizing objects from R/3 to CRM. All the setup required for the Mobile Sales Scenario is done and the scenario is working perfectly. In case of CIC, we have downloaded the pricing related stuff from R/3 to CRM. When we try to carry out a business transaction (e.g Sales Order or Quotation) through the CIC screen we are able to fetch the product information but the pricing related information cannot be viewed.

We had raised an OSS for the same and could get to know that IPC is required for pricing information to be viewed in the CIC screen while carrying out any business transaction.

We have installed the IPC 4.0 SP7 for the same. We have done the following configurations for IPC

1> We have modified the required dispatcher and server related property files on the IPC server.

2> On the CRM server through transaction sm59 we have created an RFC destination for IPC Dispatcher. This RFC works fine.

3> On the CRM server through transaction sm59 we have created an RFC destination for IPC Server. This RFC works fine.

4> On the IPC server we have configured the IPC Administrator screen for Dispatcher details,Security and Database. We are able to login to the CRM Database through the IPC Adminsitrator. Further i have kept the Pricing and TTE config information as defaults since i dont know much about it. Thus we have successfully configured the IPC Administrator.

5> When i enter the Desktop UI i am not able to fetch the product information through the Tools--> Product Master Data option. I am able to get the condition records for pricing.

<b>Are the above configs OK from the IPC server side.?</b>

Even after doing the above configurations i am not able to view pricing data when i do any business transaction in the CIC Screen and also from crmd_order screen.

<b>Please let me know if any configuartions are required on the CRM side for IPC.</b>

I have installed the CRM server and IPC server on the same windows server.

Thanks & Regards,

Yatin Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin

So you have CRM server 40SP9 and IPC server 40SP7?

The IPC <b>must</b> be the same SP level as the CRM server.

Always. No exceptions. Use the IPC Patch to implement 'OSS notes' (patches). You can get it in the "OS Independent" section for the IPC downloads.

It is surprising how often people install different versions - very common. You can get very strange errors that are hard to diagnose.

When you install new SP's on the CRM server, you need to also do that on the IPC server. Takes a few minutes (not counting download).

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

PLease modify COMM_IPC_DEST table using transaction SM30 to use the RFC Destinations created.

e,g your RFC destination for dispatcher is IPC_RFC_DISP_100 and for server is IPC_RFC_SEV_100_1. Update the column target destinations in this table, one corresponding to dispatcher, other corresponding to server.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, you need to deploy ipcpricing.ear file in your WAS or J2EE to display pricing analysis on CRM Online screen and update the table comm_ipc_url.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

While adding the entries for RFC destination in table comm_ipc_dest what is to be given in the fields Scenarion,type,destination,index. Pl if u could brief a little more on it.

Similarly could u brief more on comm_ipc_url table update.

Thanx & Regards,

Yatin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello..

Here are the enteries you need:

MANDT SCENARIO TYPE DEST_IN IDX DEST_OUT

100 IPC RFC IPC_RFC_DISPATCHER 0 IPC_RFC_DISPATCHER

100 IPC RFC IPC_RFC_SERVER_1 0 IPC_RFC_SERVER_1

100 IPC RFC IPC_RFC_SERVER_2 0 IPC_RFC_SERVER_2

for comm_ipc_dest.

The enteries for comm_ipc_url are:

DESTINATION URL

UI_ANALYSIS http://<server>:<port>/ipcpricing/

UI_CFG http://<server>:<port>/ipc/ipc/command.do

As suggested by one of our friend in this message, you should have same SPs for CRM and IPC.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here, IPC_RFC_DISPATCHER, IPC_RFC_SERVER_1

and IPC_RFC_SERVER_2 are RFC destination for IPC as defined in SM59.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have updated the IPC version with that of CRM as told by Dom.

I have also made the entries in comm_ipc_dest as told by you.

I could not get ipcpricing.ear file which needs to be deployed on WAS. Could u give me the patch from where i could download it.

Thanx & Regards,

Yatin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yatin,

As per my understanding,

Now you are on CRM 4.0 SP09 with IPC 4.0 SP09 and the basic set up is tested OK.

now coming to the query on how to install/deploy this IPC web applications. Please refer the PART 5.3.5.2 of the IPCWebApplications Guide.

Check the below text:

In IPC 4.0 SP01 and higher the IPC Web Applications are delivered as one SCA file.

-->

Download and deploy the IPC Web Applications:

1. Create a download directory of your choice: <download directory>.

2. Download SAPCRMIPC<SupportPackage>_<Patch>-10002084.SCA from http://service.sap.com/patches folder SAP CRM -> SAP CRM 4.0 -> Entry by Component -> IPC Web Applications -> OS independent to <download directory>.

<SupportPackage> is the support package.

<Patch> is the patch level.

In a CRM scenario the support package has to match your CRM system’s support package!

3. Check that the SAP J2EE Engine Dispatcher and Server are running.

If not, start the SAP J2EE Engine Dispatcher and Server (see p.19)

4. Check that the SDM is running.

If not, start the SDM (see p.28)

5. The SAP - Software Delivery Manager (SDM) screen is displayed.

6. Choose the Deployment tab.

7. Choose the Add SCA/SWC/SDA to Deployment List button.

8. In the Choose dialog box, choose the following SCA:

Windows:

<download directory>\SAPCRMIPC<SupportPackage>_<Patch>-10002084.SCA

UNIX:

<download directory>/SAPCRMIPC<SupportPackage>_<Patch>-10002084.SCA

9. The SCA is now displayed in the left frame. Choose Next.

10. Choose Next.

11. Choose Next.

12. In the upper left frame select SAP IPC Contract Specific Restrictions (csr).

13. In the lower left frame open the Web Modules branch.

14. Open the csr branch.

15. Select Context Parameters.

16. In the right frame change the value of property Mimes.core.isa.sapmarkets.com to:

http://<SAP_J2EE_Engine_host>:<SAP_J2EE_Engine_http_port>/csr/mimes

The default <SAP_J2EE_Engine_http_port> is 80.

17. Select Deployment > Save.

18. Choose Next.

19. Choose Start.

20. If the deployment finished successful, choose Confirm.

21. Choose Deployment -> Shutdown and Exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyendra,

We have J2EE engine 6.4. When we try to deploy patches (sca files) which are downloaded through SAP CRM -> SAP CRM 4.0 -> Entry by Component -> IPC Web Applications -> OS independent i am getting an error during deployment.

There are some SAR files under SAP CRM -> SAP CRM 4.0 -> Entry by Component -> IPC Web Applications 6.40 -> OS independent. Do i need to use these files since our J2EE release is 6.40.

Our IPC version is 4.0 SP9. The patch name for this version is SAPCRMIPC09_0-10003087.SCA and not the one u mentioned in ur Post. Pl clarify on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Yatin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

Yes, you should pick the files relevant for 640 and you are at correct location.

The path is Support Packages and Patches"> SAP Application Components" >SAP CRM"> SAP CRM 4.0"> Entry by Component"> IPC Web Applications_640

IPC WEB APPLICATIONS_640

#OS independent

File name:SAPCRMIPC09_0-20000540.SAR

This is an SAR file, so UNSAR it using SAPCAR utility. Get relevant ear files like ipc.ear and ipcpricing.ear and deploy the same using SDM.

In case still there is an issue, Please elobrate more on the error you are getting.

Regards,

Vivek