cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference too large for clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, when I am clearing an account in f-43, a message tell me that "The difference is too large for clearing" I know that I need to change the difference permitted for the tolerance group, but when I try to do it in IMG, in "Define Tolerance (for customers)" or in transaction OBA4, I put the new amount, but still like this, the message of the difference too large apppers, so I supposed that I need to do it in an another way.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already change and check this points, and I continue whit the same problem "Difference too large for posting".

Please help me!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you may not be doing the transaction correct.

Use F-44. Enter the vendor. select how you want to clear. Select process open items.Select activate or the item you want to clear. Select charge off difference.

Enter the posting key 40 or 50, (remember the amount)(be careful here it has to be the opposite. try simulate first if it does not work try the other posting key)Enter the account where you want it cleared.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elsa,

did you solved the issue? if yes could you please explain the solution, I have the same problem.

many thanks

Ric

Former Member
0 Kudos

how did you maintain the tolerance group for the GL account?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may happens because amount entered and amount assigned both are different and in amount not assigned there is some amount difference.

So, First select all documents with help of select all and click on Item deactivation tab. Now it will show amount entered same in block of not assigned .

Now select the document agt which u want to clear.

If any partial payment is there go to partial tab and there double click before payment amount.

It will show payment amount.

This might solve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already change and check this points, and I continue whit the same problem "Difference too large for posting".

Please help me!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try vendor tolerances in table V_T043G. tcode OBA3. Also assign the tolerance group in your vendor master data.

Also check that it is assigned. It could be on the vendor, GL account and employee as well. (depends on the tolerance type)

please assign points if helpful as a way to say thanks.

Message was edited by: Dave Scarpino