cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SCM 4.0 and CRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts;

We have a server (windows 2003) running non production CRM 5.0 with oracle 10g (used for internal training and development).

We would also like to install SCM 4.0 with MSSQL (used for internal training and development as well).

Is it feasible to install both systems on the same server. Space is not an issue (we have 65GB HDD with 3GB ram available)

My only concern is that the server will end up running two different DBs and two SAP instances.

Is the above feasible or advisable or should i just shy awar from that.

Imran Khan

Any advice would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imran

If it is test environment you could install both softwares in the same server. In my opinion it is not advisable to do either in QA or Production system. As you know there will be so many complications. I could tell some from application wise. As you know CRM and SCM both are different products it self and each product again it has different components and maintance going to be tough. Just in case there is a problem in one server we need to stop both the system.

If it is BW and SEM yes you could install in the same server because SEM needs BW so there will not be any problem.

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sat:

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Imran Khan