cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Runtime Error "PERFORM_TOO_MANY_PARAMETERS"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

While implementing Product Costing in CO, i tried to load transaction data into 0PC_C01 using the infosource 0CO_PC_01 and it gave me a runtime error "PERFORM_TOO_MANY_PARAMETERS". When i check the short dunp analysis, the description/reason of the error is as follows:

"A PERFORM was used to call the routine "VALUE_TO_SID_CONVERT_DB" of the program "xxxxxxxxxx". This routine contains 7 formal parameters, but the current call contains 8 actual parameters"

What is this error and how to overcome it? Please help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj

Please check this note number "167213"

Symptom

A table conversion has terminated. When analysing the terminated conversion in Transaction SE14, PERFORM_TOO_MANY_PARAMETERS is displayed as the short dump.

Additional key words

Conversion, CNV, SE14, PERFORM_TOO_MANY_PARAMETERS, DDCNVEXIT

Cause and prerequisites

It is a matter of a non-standard conversion with which the mapping function of table DDCNVEXIT is taken. The mapping function listed there has one parameter less than the standard mapping function of the converter in Release 4.6A.

Solution

The error is corrected with Hot Package X (see below). As an advance correction, you may also implement the attached correction instruction in your system.

Caution: If you implement the correction using the Modification Assistant, comment lines containing '{' and with '' at the beginning will occur. The corrected report contains templates for programs which are only generated at runtime. This generation fails if the comment lines specified above exist. Therefore you can either implement the correction without the Modification Assistant or you have to replace the characters '{' and '' at the beginning of the lines with '(' and ')'. You deactivate the Modification Assistant with the function 'Edit->Modifications->Deactivate Assistant'.

Thnaks

Sat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sat,

Thank you very much for the timely help. We installed the patch given in the SAP note and the data loaded correctly this time.

Raj

Message was edited by: Raj Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sat, Thanks. I appreciate your timely help. Any other suggestions from anybody else are also welcome.

Raj