cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP J2EE Engine 6.30 - SP04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am upgrading the SAP J2EE Engine 6.30 from SP02 to SP04. In order to apply SP07 from SP02, it is binding that SP04 must be applied. I have encountered an error during the phase: Deploy via SDM/J2EE, the error says:

Aug 11, 2004 10:43:22... Error: Cannot connect to database: Could not load or instantiate some required class.

Additional error message is:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

Stack trace of original error or exception is:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at javax.crypto.Cipher.a(DashoA6275)

at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(DashoA6275)

at iaik.security.provider.IAIK.a(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.provider.IAIK.addAsJDK14Provider(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.provider.IAIK.addAsJDK14Provider(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: SHA1 digest error for default_local.policy

Aug 11, 2004 10:43:22... Error: Execution of deployment action for "com.sap.engine.jddischema" aborted:

Db connect failed.

Aug 11, 2004 10:43:23... Error: Deployment NOT successful for com.sap.engine.jddischema

Aug 11, 2004 10:43:23... Info: SDM configuration: Do not automatically start/stop J2EE Engine. Do not restore state of J2EE Engine now.

Aug 11, 2004 10:43:24... Error: -

At least one of the Deployments failed -

Aug 11, 2004 10:43:24... Info: Summarizing the deployment results:

Aug 11, 2004 10:43:24... Error: Aborted: /temp/sapcd/J2EE/J2EE-SP04/J2EE-RUNT-CD/J2EE-ENG/JDD/J2EE_JDDSCHEMA.SDA

Aug 11, 2004 10:43:24... Error: Admitted: /temp/sapcd/J2EE/J2EE-SP04/J2EE-RUNT-CD/J2EE-ENG/JDD/SYNCLOG.SDA

Aug 11, 2004 10:43:24... Error: Admitted: /temp/sapcd/J2EE/J2EE-SP04/J2EE-RUNT-CD/J2EE-ENG/JDD/COM.SAP.SECURITY.DBSCHEMA.SDA

Aug 11, 2004 10:43:24... Error: Admitted: /temp/sapcd/J2EE/J2EE-SP04/J2EE-RUNT-CD/J2EE-ENG/JDD/XML_DAS_SCHEMA.SDA

Aug 11, 2004 10:43:24... Error: Admitted: /temp/sapcd/J2EE/J2EE-SP04/J2EE-RUNT-CD/J2EE-ENG/JDD/JMS_JDDSCHEMA.SDA

Aug 11, 2004 10:43:24... Error: Processing error. Return code: 4

I tried to individually deploy the above SDA'e via SDM-startSDM.sh and I get the error:

Db connect failed.

If you install the SAP J2EE Engine 6.30 from CD without applying any support packages. Can you directly apply SP07? Does it work like that. Since 630 and 640 are the same version but different SP levels.

Any thoughts or ideas would be really appreciated.

Sincere Regards,

Buddha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I am at Oracle 9.2.0.4.

Regards,

Buddha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I started the SP07 install. The funny thing is that the installation stops at the same point where it did for SP04. I don't understand this point in the error and this is where the error starts:

Info: Creating connections to database "DE1".

Error: Creation of DataSource for database "DE1" failed

There is no database DE1. DE1 is the <sid> of the Central Instance with user:de1adm.

The database instance id is: AS1 with user: oraas1.

I don't know why it is attempting to connect to 'DE1'

I don't know if it is the path/env problems.

Kind Regards,

Buddha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Buddha,

did you restart (a new) or continue the old installation for the SP07 patch? I hope, the first one is true.

BTW, if you're running into more and more problems you might also consider to open an OSS message.

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I started the SP07 install from the point where my system had incomplete installation of SP04. I did not yet restore my back-up and try the direct installation of SP07.

Thanks a lot for your feed-back.

Sincere Regards,

Buddha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to SAP OSS notes, you need to first apply SP04 before you apply any other subsequent patch. So in your case, you must first successfully apply SP04 then SP07, otherwise the behavior is undefined.

hope this helps!

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for youe feed-back. Actually if you are at SP02, then you must apply SP04 before applying any higher support packages.

SP02->SP04->SP07

But if your source installation is directly from the J2EE 6.30 CD, then there is no mention that u cannot directly apply SP07 though it is not recommended that way.

The 2 better ways would be:

CD 6.30 -> SP02 -> SP04 -> SP07

CD 6.30 -> SP04 -> SP07

Stefan said earlier that he had success installing from:

CD 6.30 -> SP06

Thanks a Lot.

Kind Regards,

Buddha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Buddha, may I ask which database you are using? (SAPDB, MSSSQL...)

Thanks

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Buddha,

it's hard to say if this will work definitely, but as far as i observed, at least SP5 and 6, although declared as binary patches, contained the complete server core.

I installed SP5 and SP6 over a non patched base reinstallation which i had to do because of severe PC problems on two different PCs. And always ALL SDAs/SCAs have been updated after that.

Now, since your current SP02 installation seems to be in an undefined state now anyway, i suggest to try to upgrade to SP7 directly from this.

Good luck and regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Actually, my last back-up would restore the installation from the CD SAP J2EE Engine 6.30 without any support packages installed. If i restore that back-up and try to apply SP07 directly, do you think that would work? Please let me know your suggestions.

Sincere Regards,

Buddha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Buddha,

well, from my point of view, it's worth a try (but it might be easy to say, since i don't have the work with it).

What you have now is an somehow inconsistent (half SP02, half SP04) installation. There's not much to lose now, right?

So i would suggest to try to apply SP07 to your current installation as it is first.

If this succeeds and the server is running after that, your problems are solved.

If not, you can still restore the no patch installation. After that, you have multiple options:

1. The very brave one: Upgrade directly to SP07.

2. The brave one: Upgrade to SP06 and then to SP07 (Direct upgrade from nothing to SP06 worked for me two times already)

2. The more cautious one: Upgrade to SP04 and afterwards to SP07 (SP04->SP06 worked for me also, hopefully it still works from SP04 -> SP07).

Good luck again,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

That was a great and a wise suggestion. I will definitely try it that way and let you know.

Kind Regards,

Buddha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan and Everyone,

I have solved my problem. Just want to let everyone know if u have to install the SP's for WEB AS 6.30/6.40.

You start from the installation from CD 6.30/6.40. Everything will be working at this point. You can login to Visual Admin, Config tool and SDM.

Before you apply any SP's, do the following:

a) Create an emergency user with the Administrator rights: Ref OSS Note:669848

Try to follow this route for SP's:

From CD 6.30/6.40 -> SP04 -> SP07

Apply SP04 first before applying SP07 (Recommended Approach).

Refer the installation guide: SAP Web AS Support Package Guide 630SP2 to 640SP4.

Use JDK1.4.2_05 to install SP04. You must reference the following OSS Notes and apply to your system accordingly, this is the key to an error free installation:

a) OSS Note: 697535

b) OSS Note: 709140

c) OSS Note: 716604

d) OSS Note: 706378

You have to be really careful with SP04 installation, because it changes the version from 6.30 -> 6.40.

Once you are able to install SP04 without any problems, you can directly apply SP07 or the highest 6.40 SP.

Kind Regards,

Buddha.