Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to post message in SQL Server

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using a JDBC Scenario in which i am trying to post data into SQL Server from XI but the adapter monitoring is giving the following error:

Delivery of the message to the application using connection JDBC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.lang.NullPointerException.

The Channel is working fine in Channel Monitoring (but it is not showing any logs in it) and in SXMB_MONI i did not find any error corresponding to its message id. But in adapter monitoring it is throwing an error and the DB is not getting updated.

Kindly let me know the possible cause for it and possible solution for this problem.

Thanks,

Arkesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the message in error status or waiting in RWB?

You can try to stop the channel - then start it again and reprocess the message.

If this does not work you may stop the channel - delete all messages in error or waiting status - start the channel - trigger the messages again from source system.

Hope this helps,

Kai

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The issue has been resolved so I am closing the thread. The issue layed in the JDBC Drivers configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your JDBC driver is culprit, please check version compatibility, or use the latest one available on MS site.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here the exception is NullPointerException means the data is not coming, so there may be a problem in the connection.

If we want to work the JDBC scenario we have to deploy some jar files in the server, so once you contact your basis guy and conform for that one.

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I agree with you what you said but my problem is that i do have any contacts of any basis guy here as i am the only person working on SAP XI. Is there a way round so that i myself can fix this and post a message to DB ?

Thanks,

Arkesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case I agree with Venkat - you may need to deploy JDBC drivers correctly:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/80/4f34c587f05048adee640f4c346417/frameset.htm

Is this your first JDBC scenario or are there other that may work fine or show same error?

You may also check with colleagues that support the SQL DB if they see any errors while XI tries to post messages.

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Arkesh,

I to don't know that how to install the jar files, actually thats the role of BASIS guys.

Watch the below threads for which jar files we need to deploy and how to deploy the jar files

former_member307485
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like there is problem with connectivity. Check the configuration values used (server / port/ userid / pwd)

Check this thread..

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think in this case the cannel would show a red light in monitoring, because it cannot connect to the DB at all.

Found this:

Kai

Edited by: Kai Lerch-Baier on Apr 2, 2009 9:24 AM

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

The channel is showing green light in channel monitoring but it does show any logs related to that channel like what time the message got picked, was it executed successfully or not, etc. etc.

There is no problem with the channel but the adapter engine is showing an error which makes me feel that it has got to do something with the JDBC Adapter or JDBC DataSource.

Any clues on this ?

Thanks,

Arkesh