Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User lock and Unlock from CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario where locking and unlocking a user in a specific child system has to be done through CUA. The TCode SCUM allows to do that. However, I'm looking for the underlying BAPIs corresponding to this TCode, so that my external application can directly invoke that.

Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Bala

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE37 => BAPIUSER??????* => F4.

It will know whether it is running in a CUA and whether the user is a CUA user.

Cheers,

Julius

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE37 => BAPIUSER??????* => F4.

It will know whether it is running in a CUA and whether the user is a CUA user.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

As per the observations, executing BAPI_USER_LOCK for a given user id locks the user id in all the child systems under CUA. Looks like it doesn't lock an user in a specified child system. / Rather there are not input parameters other than User ID in this BAPI.

Any thoughts on this..

PS: I'm not an ABAP expert.

0 Kudos

Are you wanting to lock selectively (only in some child systems and not others)?

What is the reason for not using SCUM?

The BAPI is like a gun, where you enter only the user ID as the bullet (a silver one with the user's name on it).

You then aim the gun at a target (in the destination parameter of the FM).

When you pull the trigger, the user is locked in the target.

The caliber of the gun depends on the authorizations of the user in the destination server connection.

Whether or not you hit the user, will depend on how good a marksman you are on the client server.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Apr 2, 2009 1:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If destinations are mapped to many systems, then the locking will happen in all target systems.