cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization object !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to give our user the capability to create query. We consider the Ad-hor query designer, but it doesn't allow user to create calculated key figures. It seems to be only able to create restricted key figures. I read the manual, and we are supposed to be able to create local calcalated key figures, but I just cannot see this function.

So we are thinking about giving them access to query designer with restriction on Global structure, Global restricted and calculated key figures. And grant them access to create the local one. Is it possible to do so? I know we can authorized InfoArea, InfoCube, object...

Thanks,

Kev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kev,

Using Auth object S_RS_COMP you can specify activities for components like Structure, CKF and RKF.

See this for an example:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a68a7e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/content.htm

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

How do we restrict Global structure, Global Calcalated and restricted key figures? But allow creating local one only, those on the right hand side of the query designer.

Kev

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kev,

The example from the above is for the Global objects. If a user is allowed to create a query, he/she can create the local calculations and restricted KF, and of course local structures.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, thank you so much Bhanu. This is what I want to use.

I can't see this from Business explorer. S_RS_COMP (Business Explorer - components). I see only RRMX, Authorizations, Query, BEx Monitor. Am I a looking at the wrong place? >SAP menu>Business Explorer

Thanks

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No that is not where you can find it. S_RS_COMP is an auth object. Try going through PFCG to create a role and include this object.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try Bhanu.

Thank you so much!!! I thought it was SAP menu>Authorizations>Reporting Authorization Objects.

By the way, what is the right documentation for this.

Former Member
former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kev,

The link you posted shows how to create auth in the case that you need to restrict user access based on value of data, like values of SalesOrg, Plant or CostCenters...this is different than allowing access to create queries or CKFs.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhanu, you really help me a lot. I will try to figure it out by pfcg.

Kev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kev

Check this

S_RS_COMP (Business Explorer - components).

Thnaks

Sat