cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regard BCS item and FI GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,BCS is new for me,can somebody advise me whats relationship between FS item and GL account?if i manually create FS item in BCS workbench,then i use BW to collect data from SAP,but how can i link those collected data to FS item?

another question,if i execute all consolidation function in BCS,it means there is FS balance in BCS,then i have to present report in BW,how can i use BCS FS balance to create report in BW?I am wondering it there is infocube to store FS item balance?

the points will be assigned for helpfull answers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the official SAP answer is not to use 1:1 mapping between FS items and GL accounts because FS items are also used for non-accounting information like statistical or supplemental reporting which cannot be captured by tracking transactions and balances, e.g. headcount. Also, FS items should be consolidating the chart of accounts as the financial statements rarely call for the level of detail required in the GL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,BCS is new for me,can somebody advise me whats relationship between FS item and GL account

FS Item is the terminology used in BCS for an object that carries key figures. Generally as rightly [pointed out by Eugene it is the group GL that is loaded into BCS as FS ITems. But there is no hard and fast rule for this. You can even load the GL accounts as FS items in BCS.

if i manually create FS item in BCS workbench,then i use BW to collect data from SAP,but how can i link those collected data to FS item?

If you create FS Items manually, then you need to ensure that they match with the accounts in Source system. Generally it is recommmended to load the GL account or Group Gl into BCS through data stream (automate the load from BW). This will avoid inconsistencies. The values of FS items matches with GL account or Group Gl depending on what you have defined.

another question,if i execute all consolidation function in BCS,it means there is FS balance in BCS,then i have to present report in BW,how can i use BCS FS balance to create report in BW?I am wondering it there is infocube to store FS item balance?

Though the conolidation process happens in BCS the data is stored in BW in separate Infocubes like 0BCS_C11, 0BCS_C10, 0BCS_VC11. By building reports on these cubes you can get the reports on FS balances in BCS.

Hope this helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivaprasad,

Just interested in how you would technically set up the data stream for the automation of the GL load from BW to BCS. I'm currently on a client project as a FICO lead and we have a manual update approach to BCS. I'm not particularly happy with this approach.

I'm interested in how you have technically set up the data stream to support automation?

Many Thanks

Kam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Through process chain you can automate the load from ECC ->BI-> BCS

Regds

Abu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and welcome to BCS world.

> Hi,BCS is new for me,can somebody advise me whats relationship between FS item and GL account?

Usually, the BCS' FS items correspond to group GL accounts. But if you do not use R/3 at all, there won't be any relationships.

if i manually create FS item in BCS workbench,then i use BW to collect data from SAP,but how can i link those collected data to FS item?

In BW you'll use an infoobject which will carry the role of account. In order to link this infoobject to BCS' FS item, one will assign the role of FS item to the infoobject while defining the BCS data model:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/dd/f3783bcfef4a2de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

i have to present report in BW,how can i use BCS FS balance to create report in BW?I am wondering it there is infocube to store FS item balance?

One may create the BCS' reports in BW by using special virtual infocubes that are generated by BCS. For the transactional cubes (the virtual one is to be created on the base of the transactional cube) that might be used as a starting point in customization one may install from the business content one of those cubes:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/9d/f4783b5fed4834e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Nowdays, the 0BCS_C11 cube is usually used.