Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

determine storage bin automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For full Warehouse manegement

Is it possible to determine the storage bin(Not meintioned in material master) to be assighned

automatically if i specify storage type it while creating TO.Is the system proposes the Bin automaticaly

if i create bin by LS10-- Define structure for storage bin by clicking Enviornment --> Create bin.?

By which transaction i can see the empty bins for storage type?

Because in my system the system proposes the bin atomatically only if i maintain the material with

storage bin in material master. Which i thing its used for fixed bin mostly used in Lean WM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Answer to your questions

1.List of empty storage bins for storage type can be seen through transaction LS04

2.To determine storage bin automatically,please follow below customisation steps

-Maintain storgae type indicator & storage section indicator in material master WM view

-Maintaine putaway & picking strategy in storage type

--Maintain storage sections for storage type.

-Maintain storage type search & storage section search in strategy.

-Create bin structure for respective storgae types & storgae sections. Create bins for this structure.

If you complete above customisation system will determine bin automatically.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks prashant & Amol.

Is it possible to determine the Automatic storage bin search for Manually defined Bins?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes... it is possible.

Storage bin search not depends on how you create it but it is depends on storage section search maintained which is assigned to bin. Combination of storage type and then storage section search will identify the bin automatically.

Amol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

no-destination.png

i tried the way mentioned by you prashant.dhakane, but not sure y still i am not able to pick destination bin automatically.

strategy for putaway is next empty bin required.. Its working fine when i enter manually & also if i config fixed bin even that works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are configuration related to this.

You need to define storage type search sequence and Bin search sequence. Also for storage type definition you need to define putaway and picking strategy to get empty bins automatically while creating TO.

Regards

Amol