cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant can no longer be changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats the rationale of the error "Plant can no longer be changed." even when all purchase order history has been reversed

Plant can no longer be changed

Message no. MEPO087

Diagnosis

The plant has been changed manually or rederived through input in another field (e.g. contract, purchase requisition, ... ).

However, a different value for this field is not allowed because follow-on documents (possibly including cancelled follow-on documents) exist.

Thanks

Regards,

Clarice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you cancel GR using account maintenance document (MR11)?

I hope there are still some follow-on documents in active status (IV, Downpayment, GR etc).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

the GR has been reversed by cancellation of the GR with MBST transaction

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you check if there are any other documents posted? Also check in status tab in header. And are there any references for this purchase order (item over view)?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

delivered = 0

invoiced = 0,

There is no other reference documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is that purchase order history already exists for that line item eventhough you have cancelled GR or invoice. The system considers the cancelled GR or invoice documents also as follow-on documents as mentioned in error message.

regards

alexandro

Edited by: Alexandro fozters on Apr 9, 2009 11:36 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

My PO do not have any reference other than the Inforecord.

I have remove the material, hit enter and re-enter the material again so as to refresh the screen, this error is still showing.

I can just delete off this line and create a new line, however would like to know the rationale behind this error?

Regards,

Clarice

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you made any GR for that line item. There might be some reference document to that line item in PO, that is why the error shows.

Regards

alexandro

Edited by: Alexandro fozters on Apr 9, 2009 6:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup there are GR but its has been reversed.

I understand the error message states that plant cannot be changed even when follow on documents have been reversed. However, would like to know the reason behind this error message. Why imposed such an error message.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probabbly you would have created the PO with reference to other document like PR or contract etc which will have a plant given there already and which is defaulting here.please check.

Remove the reference and try.Please note that while change the material need to be there in that plant as well the vendor need to be created for that plants company code and Purchase organisation.

Regards,