cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between ECP and UC

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the exact differenc ebetween ECP and UC. I donot find any significant difference.In ECP you have some additional featur elike costing template you can create.Also commitment , PR,PO that you can create. What else SIGNIFICANT difference? In which circumtance we can/ should use UC not ECP and vice versa.

Zinni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In ECP u can create costing model and create a entry screen for it...which is user friendly...and give selection options, say like...glass doors,SS doors,wooden doors so different cost for different options...user dont have to go in material master and pick these data....U cannot find these functionality in unit costing

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use ECP across several WBS elements because for example I have a WBS element for "Base", one for "Roof" and one for "Walls" but the calculations for each are based on Length and Width and I dont want the user to have to type Length and Width in 3 times.

So does anyone know can I share the user input to characteristics values between different Planning Models or can I have a Planning Model that stretches across several WBS elements.

Or is ECP only designed to work with one WBS element?

Stuart Leach

Process Improvement Manager

Portakabin Ltd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls refer:

http://www.sapprojectsystem.com/2008/05/03/sap-ps-documentation/

Goto--> Costs. This PDF will give you details of both of these costing methods.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The link speaks about different cost planning method. I want to know exactly at what scenerio we can use ECP not UC and vice versa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unit costing, where you use a profile to enter quantities (materials, internal activities, external services, variable items, and so on) for each WBS element.

This type of planning is cost element based.

Easy Cost Planning can be used as an easy way to create a project preliminary costing. The costs so planned are then broken down - for example, using a quantity structure of networks/activities.

Easy Cost Planning can also be used to enter plan data for later project execution.

Having done this, you can later use Execution Services to enter commitment and actual data relating to the planned costs. Use customizing to stipulate in which plan version values planned in Easy Cost Planning are stored.

In your Scenario , it will be better to use Unit Costing.

Regards,

Amit

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if planning cost is ur only purpose then go for unit costing....or if u want to plan cost and also to execute service like reservation, PR, GI from the planned data then go for ECP

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECP -Easy cost planning

UC - Unit costing.

In unit costing you can only assing the cost elements

but in easy cost planning you can assign different account assignment types like material, service etc,,

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U can also assign categories like material , service in unit costing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In which circumtance we can/ should use UC not ECP and vice versa.