cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price check during subsequent debit & credit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My client wants a scenario which is enumerated below.

The client requirement is to have a tolerance level check during miro as well as subsequent debit & credit.

For the miro i have taken tolerance key PP: price variance with error message 083 & it is working fine for percenatge toleranace check i.e if the PO is made for 10 rs/unit & i have set upper & lower limit of tolerance of 10% system will not allow to do miro at price of more than 11 rs/unit or less than 9 rs/unit.

The problem i am facing is to activate the same check at the time of subsequent debit & credit i.e if somebody does a miro of 10 rs/unit & then does a subsequent debit to pay another 2 rs to the vendor the system is not giving an error message but actually the vendor is getting 12 rs/unit which is against norm. How do we check this thing so that system does not allow the same.

waiting for reply.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There is a new development. The error message is getting triggered for subsequent debit. That means if i have set a tolerance level of 10%,& initially received the invoice at a 10 rs/unit which is the PO price then system will not allow to do a subsequent debit for another 2 rs/unit ( by effectively making the price 12 rs/unit) as it falls outside the tolerance limit by throwing an error message.

But same error message is not getting effected for subsequent credit i.e after receiving the invoice for 10 rs/unit if i do a subsequent credit for 2 rs/unit then it is falling outside set tolearnce limit of +-10% ( by effectively making the price 8 rs/unit) but the system is not triggering any message.

Any idea whether it is a SAP default, that the message determination will trigger only for subsequent debit & not for subsequent credit.

waitng for reply.

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you maintained both upper and lower limit tolerances for price variance?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

I have maintained both upper & lower percentage tolearnce level for tolerance key PP along with error message for message no 083 & 085.

regards

deba

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Subsequent transactions do not check the quantity (there by value of posting), so I hope tolerance checks are not valid for these cases as we are paying excess amount to vendor. In case of item amount and invoice amount of differing then tolerance checks will come into picture.

Thanks