cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Purchase Orders in SRM (spool issues, etc.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

Could anyone tell me exactly how the printing of PO's works in SRM? What is the step by step description from PO approval to getting the prinout?

From my understanding, as long as you've configured everything stated from SAP Note 564826 (assign printer LOCL to pgrp, schdule background job RSPPFPROCESS, etc) when you go to transaction "Issue Purchase Orders" and click on the print button...the output will be processed by the background job that we scheduled.

The problem is that, in the spool request, there are two (2) spool numbers created which I don't understand. One is described as OTF_SPOOL and has the title COMP LOCL SAPMSSY1. This always has the status "Completed" and highlighted as green.

The other is an unprocessed spool request described as SCRIPT LOCL SAPMSSY1 I dont know what the difference of these two are, but either way...there was no actual printout.

Is there something I need to know about the background job? It seems the answer is there...

Regards,

Marvin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you manage to solve this ? Please share ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wasn't able to solve it. We did a workaround. Instead of printing directly, the output would be an email to the buyer. When the system emails the PDF, only then can the buyer print the PO. It's not very efficient but it works.

If you setup a dedicated print server, I think you can do the solutions mentioned by the other consultants above.

Good luck!

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the printer ID for the Purchasing Group? Is it local printer or network printer ?

The note says

>Also note that output is NOT possible on a front-end printer

>(LP01). To make this possible, use Transaction SPAD to set the

>access method for the host spool for your printer as 'U: Print

>Using Berkeley Protocol'.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set LOCL for all users. Do I have to setup something else?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check printer setting in SPAD transaction. What is the Access Method ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

For LOCL, it's F F: Printing on front end computer

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no way to find your local printer from server side without SAPGUI connection.

Since SRM front end is Web browser, you should define network printer type like 'U: Print Using Berkeley Protocol'.

The note says

>Also note that output is NOT possible on a front-end printer

>(LP01). To make this possible, use Transaction SPAD to set the

>access method for the host spool for your printer as 'U: Print

>Using Berkeley Protocol'.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll definitely try out what out said.

Regards,

Marvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Access method U (berkeley protocol) would require a printer server which we do not want.

We defined a new device, LOCM that has the procedure M (email to receiver/owner). Ideally, this would send an email with a PDF copy of the purchase order. However, in the spool request the receiver is ALWAYS defined as WF-BATCH. Even if the PO creator is a different user ID, the receiver would be user WF-BATCH still.

Does anyone have an idea how to remove the receiver part in the spool request attributes? Or simply replace that with the owner of the spool?