Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule job to send status of bdf

former_member220071
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

We are using HP Unix system .

Is there any option to send bdf status via e-mail within certain time interval or at any time of point file cross certain limit (%) in bdf.

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

That depends on whether your SAP server has a connection to an SMTP mail server. If so, then you can simply pipe the output of bdf into mailx like so:

bdf | mailx -s "bdf $(hostname) $(date)" <recipient> <recipient> ...

You can of course make a more sophisticated script, e.g. to send an e-mail only if a certain filesystem goes over a critical % full.

But if there is no SMTP server to handle your mail, then the message won't get anywhere, so that is the first thing to check with your UNIX and/or network administrator.

Rgds,

Mark

former_member220071
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marks,

Thanks for your replay ,we tried command given by you. But we are not able to recive any mail.

We set sendmail.cf and sendmail.cw but still not getting mail.

Have you any idea to where we need to check that SMTP is properly configured.

Regards

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also monitor your all file system through OS06 T-code

Goto detailtanalisys >>file system and you will get all detailed info of all your file system.

Jatin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijit,

You can make the SAP system to execute the external command and execute this command as a background job.Also, while scheduling you can have a spool request generated and forward this spool request to the recepients.

However, if you need a single report to do all this, I believe you will have to need the help of an abaper.

I had done such a thing:I cleaned up the /usr/sap/ filesystem using a single report scheduled in background.Probably even e-mailing can be done.

I checked with the my abap colleague who had helped me with this report and got to know it can be possible to send mails after execution of the Os command.

Try it.Just a suggestion.on ur sandbox or dev.

Thanks,

Prasanna

Edited by: Prasanna K on Jun 17, 2009 9:36 AM

former_member220071
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna ,

Thanks for reply . I'll check with my ABAP programmer.

Regards

Abhijeet