cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with RFCGetFunctionDesc in NW RFC SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All

I met a problem with NW RFC SDK 7.11 when using RFCGetFunctionDesc to access a ABAP which is defined by myself. I used to access this function with RFC classic SDK successfully, however, when i use NW RFC SDK and use RFCGetFunctionDesc to access this ABAP function, it returns the "RFC_INVALID_PARAMETER" and with error message "inconsistence in description detected: non-unicode length is too small". And My application can retrieve the function Description handle of other ABAP functions, I'm wondering if it's a bug in NW RFC SDK

I search the network and found someone has the same problem:https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/28225

Could someone share some tips to diagnose this problem.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having the same problem with the latest NW RFC SDK 7.20 and a Basis 620 server (SAPKB62060).

The release notes for NW RFC SDK 7.11 patch 1 and 2 say this was fixed, but apparently it wasn't, or at least not for all server versions.

I'm wondering how to get around this.

0 Kudos

Hi Sergej,

We are also getting the same error for Basis release 640 ( Unicode ) and SAPNwRFC720 release from BODS. Are you able to resolve the problem ?

Thanks,

HB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you need to install current patch level (NWRFC_1-2000xxxx.SAR) of the SAP NW RFC SDK, as described in Note 1025361.

Please check Note 1236530 - SAP NW RFC SDK 7.11 -- Patch level 1

Thank you,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thanks for you reply.

Actually what I installed is NWRFC_1-20004550.SAR, which I believe is the latest NW RFC SDK. And also my error is not identical to the one described in the release notes of SAP NW RFC SDK 7.11 -- Patch level 1

Here is more info about what I tried:

My BAPI function is simple, no import/export/change , but only a table parameter.

I use the DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET function to check this table , and found the structure length of this type is equal to the sum of offset and intlen of last field.

My system info : SAP_BASIS release 640, SAP_BW release 350.

So do you have any other suggestions.

Best Regards