cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activity not created

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I dont know the reason. I imported a dev config and used "create project" to get that into my local NWDS. a project is created for that DC and now when i am tryng to edit a small line, it didnt pop up me asking for creating an activity. I have done all this in my colleague PC.

any specific reasons?

it works fine in my NWDS installation, but it is not getting created in my colleague NWDS installation...reinstalled it ..but didnt work yet..

any help is appreciated..

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Silly question, but is he/she logged in?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm yeah she is logged in Pascal to the DTR. otherwise how could she import dev config as mentioned in the question?

could you please let me know if you have any other ideas?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you both using the same version of NWDS?

Also check the .log file in the .metadata directory of the workspace folder of NWDS. This might contain some useful info.

Message was edited by: Pascal Willemsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

yep we both are using the same version, SP14..same patch too..

hmm..nothing interesting in the .log file.

any ideas please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

1)Could be another silly question. Did u make sure u created the project from "inactive DC" view? Otherwise u won't be allowed to edit the resources.

2)If that's not the case, check the properties of the resource, it would normally have the "read-only" box checked.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the reply. but unfortunately that didnt help me..

my situation is

1. after i create a project from the imported DC, I am able to edit that file, but it doesnt pop up for an activity.

2. yep, the "properties" in the context menu of the resources shows it as readonly.

any other clues would be helpful.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

Are there any activities closed on this DC before? If they are existing, could you please mention the status of previously closed activities.

Regards

Krupakar Oleti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe somebody created an exclusive lock on the resources of the DC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

krupakar and pascal,

No.. it is not a problem with only one DC.. activity is not getting created for any DC's imported. I couldnt trace the reason yet..

any help is appreciated.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

If the file is not synched to the latest version DTR may not allow you to edit it. To check this right click on the file and click sync.

If your file is synched and still the problem exists, You can manually edit the file by right click and select "Edit". Now DTR will pop up the activities window for you to create an activity.

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if the Workspace monitoring is enabled: Go to Window -> Preferences -> Team -> DTR and make ensure that all checkboxes are on in the Workspace Monitor Settings box. Also check if you have any Excluded Files.

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

did you solve the problem? I am facing the exact same issue and would be grateful if you could share your solution with the developer network.

Thanks.

Elvez

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I solved the problem like this:

1) Go to Open Activities

2) Right mouse click on .../dev/inactive/

3) Select "Always Explicit Select Activity"

Cheers

Elvez