Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 00:00:00

From: {email-add}

Subject: ERMS Inbound Test

Hello Test

.

554 Transaction failed

quit

221 sapcrm02 Bye

Connection to host lost.

Has any one seen this problem before and/or any suggestions for possible fix? I tried different ports numbers with same results.

Thanks for your help in Advance.

JS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jinal,

Is the service (SAPConnect) active and configured in SICF ?

Also is the relevant infor in the "Logon Data" tab of the service ?

Cheers

Gaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, SICF service is active and Logon Data is entered correctly with correct user and proper authorizations as suggested in the SAP note.

Best

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gary

SICF service SAPConnect user was not locked, but I changed the password for SICF SAPConnect user and added SAP_ALL to that system user. Surprisingly telnet test started working and emails started showing up in the SAP inbox.

I really appreciate the direction and help.

Best Regards

JS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jinal,

That is a fairly generic SMTP error, indicating something errored out in processing.

If you haven't already, here are some things to check:

1) In transaction SCOT, check your inbound processing and inbound distribution rules to be sure they are set up correctly.

2) In transaction SCOT, you can also check on system status, and there are utilities to set trace settings and monitor errors, etc.

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Glenn

Glenn Abel

Covington Creative, LLC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Glen

In trasaction SCOT we have inbound rules setup as per users need. When we use loopback adaptor it routs emails fine to users and Agent Inbox. But when we use SMTP (SAP Connect) I am getting this error.

Would you be able to share some more lights on what is the good practice (or working example) for inbound processing & Inbound distribution in SCOT.

Thanks for the help

Best

JS