Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Fixed Asset Master Data Problem

Hi there ,

I have been trying to search around for a solution to my problem but to no avail. Hence, I am posting this and if this problem has been raised before, please pardon me and show me to the appropriate solution thread(s).

Anyway, I have SAP Business One 2007A SP00 PL45 installed. I have installed Fixed Asset successfully on the said SAP Business One client.

I then start the Fixed Asset add on manually. After Fixed Asset loads, I try clicking on the "Fixed Asset Master Data" but nothing happens. No screen shows. Other screens like "Acquisition", Credit Memo, Retirement, etc shows.

When I tested with the Demo database, the "Fixed Asset Master Data" screen does show. What am I missing here? Your help is very much appreciated. I am in dire need for a solution now. Thanks!

Former Member
replied

Hi Alvin,

As we didn't check your database, we can only provide some steps for your try.

Please test it on a backup database before applying to live database.

Please DO backup your database before any of following operation.

Please check the following points:

1, Check if the 'Define assets classes' window can be opened.

If yes, check if Assets classes Z-0001 to Z-0007 are created and if you can find them in OITM table.

If the 'Define assets classes' cannot be opened, Go to Inventory-> Item master data: locate and remove the Item codes (Using DATA/REMOVE) from Itemcode Z-0001 to Z-0007

2,Make sure you have defined the appropriate Default Tax codes for your localization according to Note ttps://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/770851

For Sales and Purchase in Set up-> Financials->GL Account Determination

3, Make sure you have defined all the GL accounts for the Default warehouse as explained in Note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1227168

4, Force the reinitialisation by

1- Stop all the add-ons

2- In Business One go to: Menu:Tools: User tables and do the following changes

A) Select the table BF_EXTDBVERSION

In the last row containing 'extension id' 'BA'

change the value of the field 'Db Tables Status' from 'Installed'to 'Failed'

Press update and OK

B) Select the table BA_SMOD

In the first row, change the value of the field 'System Init' from the value '1' to the value '0'

Press update and OK

3- Start again the fixed assets add-on (ensure that no other add ons are

running)

The system will ask you if you want to upgrade, you select upgrade

A second window will ask you to start the upgrade process

You accept

The system will start again the process of initialization

Wait until all the proceess finish: a window asking to update

to close windows.

If above steps doesn't help, I'm afraid you need to log a message on SAP portal for further investigation.

Regards,

Ivy Zhang

SAP Business One Forums Team

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question