cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Asset Master Data Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there ,

I have been trying to search around for a solution to my problem but to no avail. Hence, I am posting this and if this problem has been raised before, please pardon me and show me to the appropriate solution thread(s).

Anyway, I have SAP Business One 2007A SP00 PL45 installed. I have installed Fixed Asset successfully on the said SAP Business One client.

I then start the Fixed Asset add on manually. After Fixed Asset loads, I try clicking on the "Fixed Asset Master Data" but nothing happens. No screen shows. Other screens like "Acquisition", Credit Memo, Retirement, etc shows.

When I tested with the Demo database, the "Fixed Asset Master Data" screen does show. What am I missing here? Your help is very much appreciated. I am in dire need for a solution now. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any ideas on this problem? Any help at all would be much appreciated. Thanks!

ivy_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alvin,

As we didn't check your database, we can only provide some steps for your try.

Please test it on a backup database before applying to live database.

Please DO backup your database before any of following operation.

Please check the following points:

1, Check if the 'Define assets classes' window can be opened.

If yes, check if Assets classes Z-0001 to Z-0007 are created and if you can find them in OITM table.

If the 'Define assets classes' cannot be opened, Go to Inventory-> Item master data: locate and remove the Item codes (Using DATA/REMOVE) from Itemcode Z-0001 to Z-0007

2,Make sure you have defined the appropriate Default Tax codes for your localization according to Note ttps://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/770851

For Sales and Purchase in Set up-> Financials->GL Account Determination

3, Make sure you have defined all the GL accounts for the Default warehouse as explained in Note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1227168

4, Force the reinitialisation by

1- Stop all the add-ons

2- In Business One go to: Menu:Tools: User tables and do the following changes

A) Select the table BF_EXTDBVERSION

In the last row containing 'extension id' 'BA'

change the value of the field 'Db Tables Status' from 'Installed'to 'Failed'

Press update and OK

B) Select the table BA_SMOD

In the first row, change the value of the field 'System Init' from the value '1' to the value '0'

Press update and OK

3- Start again the fixed assets add-on (ensure that no other add ons are

running)

The system will ask you if you want to upgrade, you select upgrade

A second window will ask you to start the upgrade process

You accept

The system will start again the process of initialization

Wait until all the proceess finish: a window asking to update

to close windows.

If above steps doesn't help, I'm afraid you need to log a message on SAP portal for further investigation.

Regards,

Ivy Zhang

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

Thank you very much! Your forced initialization routine solved it. I have always suspected from the start since I have installed FA on the demo database and it had this initialization bar at the bottom the first time I started FA but the same did not happen when I installed on to the live database.

Your solution came at the right time. Once again, thank you very much! 10 for you! Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you get Error "20362: Failed to update asset class”when update useful or methode depreciation at asset classs, so you must following step bellow:

1. Update active period Item master data that have same code with asset class example open item master data with code Z-014 and then update period Active from (leave blank) to 31/12/2099
  2. Open Asset Class-->find  asset class with code Z-014 and then update asset class

Regards,

Miarti

DAP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alvin,

on the top bar try:click window - cascade see if it's work.

are you using manager as the user?

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have tried and it doesn't work because as it is now, the window is not even displaying.

Yes, I am using manager as the user. I am also using manager as the user for the demo database and it is working fine.

I also have problem opening the "Define Asset Class" window. I have done a clean reinstallation of the Fixed Asset Add On as well as the DI API. It still yields the same result. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alvin,

Run %temp%, open SAP business one Log folder, and open SAPAddOn_01 text file.

see the most bottom line in the text file, it should gave you the error message.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Yes, I have already checked that log file and it gave me this:

2009-04-02 13:43:51.033 0 BA ER CBFPersistentCollectionMSSQL::Select Failed to select from OITM

2009-04-02 13:43:51.043 0 BA ER CBFEventSink::OnMenuEvent Add-on's OnMenuEvent threw exception

I cannot make out what is causing it to fail selecting from OITM table. Any ideas?

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alvin,

What David said is not an always situation. I mean the error message sometimes is not in the most bottom line but depend on the error message you have and in what execution, I mean e.g. depreciation run, posting the acquisition or not.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jimmy michael,

I do understand that this is not always the situation but I can tell you that I have many of the same message in my log file. Those are the same lines generated each time I try to open the "Fixed Asset Master Data" window.

In any case, Ivy's solution resolved my problem. Thanks for your guide anyway. Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

Mansoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mansoor Baig,

I have read through the link you gave, but I have not found a solution to my problem. MY problem now is not importing the master data but rather, I cannot get the "Fixed Asset Master Data" window to show. I need this window to show other wise, even after importing the data, my client will not be able to add new master data through this window.