cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of memory error in JDBC receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am inserting a large data set using a receiver JDBC adapter into a single table in an MSSQL server.

Theoretically I could use statement batch mode to increase throughput. However if I set the batch flag I get an "insufficient system memory to execute this SQL Statement" exception which is apparently being thrown by the jdbc driver.

Question is: Is there a way to allow it to use more memory? Which parameter should be modified and where is it?

Thanx

-Sam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same answer.. XI is doing what it has to do.. pushing data to SQL server. When the SQL server is not able to take it.. you should try to solve it at the SQL end..!!

VJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We checked the SQL Server logs and certainly there were out of memory errors. Apparently a Microsoft Hotfix has to be applied.

Thank you guys!

sabyasachi_mohapatra3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Samuel

We have a similar similar scenario of sending huge volume of data into oracle 10g database and are sending in chunks of 10,000 each.Its taking almost 7 mins for inserting into the oracle database.How are you using the batch mode.

Could you please provide the target message structure used for inserion of data into table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It's puperly MSSQL server issue and handling too. No other parameter can be set in XI to take away that error.

Try to run the statement from SQL plus and see , contact u r DBA Admin

rgd

srin