cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hierarchies from flat file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone please give me step by step procedure for the following problem....

i have a csv file which contains product hierarchy information in 4 levels.....I have to create hierarchies for 0prod_hier....charachterstic.....I looked at upaloding hierarchies from help.sap.com but couldnt understand .....

I would be appreciated if anyone can help in this...Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would structure your flatfile as per the transfer structure. The levels would automatically get assigned based on the Parent-child nodes.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already looked at that ....and i want to upload using PSA.....I dont have access to abap program creation to use the program...thanks

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

bwusr ,

then what you have to do is create the flat file using the same structure as described in the how to document.

Then create an infosource for hierarchy - select hierarchy in the infosource and then you will know the fields required in the fields of the transfersource.

Now make sure that your FF is in the same format and then do as any flat file upload and the hierarchy is done.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi arun,

Thanks for replying....but i am stuck with how to covert flat file into structure of the hierarchy....i have csv file consists of 588 rows...i have to structure that into 4 levels....can you give me any idea on that...i appreciate that..thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

BWuser

Check this link How To upload hierarchies from flat file if you already not

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0403a990-0201-0010-38b3-e1f...

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat