cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms: Option of Printing Specific Pages Only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum-ers,

I have a requirement to print several agent statements in smartform based on the logic from the print program. Each of the page for the single form have a unique statement. Under different scenarios, the form must print out different page combinations as stated below:

Scenario 1: Page 1, Page 3

Scenario 2: Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Scenario 3: Page 3, Page 4

Can the above be achieved using one single form? There is no option found in smartform to print only selected pages based on certain conditions. Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this explains for 2 pages with main windows scenarios:

http://www.****************/Tutorials/Smartforms/Command/Index.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YTL,

Change the window type as from secondary window to Main window then the error will be not thrown.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

kartik has the correct solution, only the third page as starting page can't be done with a command-node.

You must fill the parameter control_parameters-startpage with the first page. do this in the initialization of the global definitions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can the above be achieved using one single form?

Yes you can do it in a single form.

As per my understanding of your problem. Please follow the steps as below

From the driver program pass the parameter to the smartform determine the scenario.

in the smartform ...based on scenario dynamically trigger the page using Command node.

Regards,

Sreenivasa Sarma

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a page say main page, now this page should print nothing only it shud have a command node that directs to different pages depending on ur scenarios,

Scenario 1: main page(command node)-> Page 1(command node)-> Page 3

Scenario 2: main page(command node)-> Page 1(command node)-> Page 2(command node)-> Page 3

Scenario 3: main page(command node)-> Page 3(command node)-> Page 4

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does that mean ?

1. I put all command nodes in the main page ? or

2. I put a command node in each page ?

Please clarify. Thanks.

Edited by: YTL on Apr 4, 2009 2:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to put the command node in each page for calling the different pages accordingly as per your scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the following but only 2 pages are displayed instead of 4 pages:

- In each page, under general attributes tab, i set the next page to <next_page_name>.

- In the main window of each page, i have created a command node. Under its general attributes tab, i checked the goto new page checkbox and set to <next_page_name>.

Please advice. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are u calling command nodes based on any condition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, each command nodes called is based on a condition. With or without, it still does not print out all the pages that i wanted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it wud be better if u explain ur flow that u have currently implementd,

like page number u are calling and the command node which it is directing to,

just like aa flowchart,coz it is difficult with the info hv given, to guess ur problem.

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take for example, my smartform should have 4 pages. Each page represents different statement. So each page will have its own main window to cater for the data to be printed out.

Page 1: Statement 1

Page 2: Statement 2

Page 3: Statement 3

Page 4: Statement 4

Page & Windows

============

Page1

Window1 [Attributes: Next Page = Page2]

Command Node1 [Attributes: Goto New Page = Page2]

Page2

Window2 [Attributes: Next Page = Page3]

Command Node2 [Attributes: Goto New Page = Page3]

Page3

Window3 [Attributes: Next Page = Page4]

Command Node3 [Attributes: Goto New Page = Page4]

Page4

Window4 [Attributes: Next Page = Page4]

Command Node4 [Attributes: Goto New Page = Page4]

The problem is the smartform only prints page 1 and page 2 only. I want the smartform to print out all four pages in sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Main page uses the main window while subsequent pages uses secondary window. When i set a command node on secondary window by setting the new page to 'next page', system prompts an error 'no new page allowed in secondary window'. How do i handle this problem whereby my requirement requires me to print out selective pages? Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can achieve this requirement.

what you should is this.

1. pass a variable from your print program. let say "status". this status variable will tell you what scenario will be displayed in your smartform. I believe you know now how to pass variable from your print program to smartforms.

2. On your smartform, create different WINDOWS not PAGES. Since windows have a CONDITION TAB on it. On that condition tab, input the variable i ask you to pass.

So for example, you defined:

scenario1 as STATUS = 1

scenario2 as STATUS = 2

scenario3 as STATUS = 3

in your condition tab of your WINDOW, input the variable you defined.

hope this helps you.