cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DB size grows fast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our ECC6 development environment DB size grows more and more.in DB02 it shows 250GB and we have 4 clients.But production DB size 160GB only.

Our DB Max Db and Installed on Linux servers. Is there a way to reduce DB size so that we will have some free hard disk space.

- Amy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello markus,

Thanks for the reply.Unfortunately the note 118823 talks about the table space.There are some work bench tables linked with other client also.So I wanted to know the individual client space.

- Amy

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks for the reply.Unfortunately the note 118823 talks about the table space.

???

That note says:

<...>

To calculate the memory requirement in a subdivided manner by database areas, use the attached program YKSPACEC. As of Basis Release 6.10, you can use report RSSPACECHECK as delivered. However, these reports run only on databases with database areas (INFORMIX, ORACLE, ADABAS and DB2/CS),

<...>

So did you run RSSPACECHECK?

> There are some work bench tables linked with other client also.So I wanted to know the individual client space.

What do you mean? Cross-client tables?

Markus

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

I have already setup default jobs.Since we have 4 development clients, how will i know that each client space?

What are the post activities after delteting the client?

Do i get sufficient free space after delete the client?

- Amy

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have already setup default jobs.Since we have 4 development clients, how will i know that each client space?

Read Note 118823 - CC-ADMIN: Size of a client

> What are the post activities after delteting the client?

No special activities necessary - as soon as the database garbage collectors are finished you can use the space immediate - no reorganzation necessary.

> Do i get sufficient free space after delete the client?

What is "sufficient"?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

We are using MM,PP,SD,QM modules .Since we have 4 clients in dev system , we have loaded master data in dev /400 client at that time DB size was 150GB.After that we have not loaded any data.

Do you think if we delete one client then we can get some space? Or Is there a logs we can clean so that we can get some free space?

- A

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you set up the job RSADAT6M (Note Note 352081 - Additional service-relevant functions for MaxDB)? There you can check in transaction DB50 - Statistics which tables are growing.

Do you run the "housekeeping" Default jobs from SM36?

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well - you don't give ANY information what is running on that system, we have no crystal ball here to check

Maybe someone is running a big job in your DEV system....

Markus