SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Interface for transaction IQ01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I want to create an ISU Meter equipment in a report program.

I used the BAPI interface BAPI_EQUI_CREATE. I see that the BAPI is very different from the IQ01 Material Serial Number Creation.

The BAPI does not have the option to pass the Register Group, Inspection Relevant Field, Initial Meter Reading value and Date etc... which are specific to Utilitites.

The BAPI also do not create an entry in table EGERH which is ISU Device Master Record.

The BAPI also do not create a initial meter reading record as when done from IQ01 due to lack of fields for Initial Meter Reading value and date.

Can anyone suggest any kind of method by which I can create a TRUE ISU Meter equipment with all the standard data that would have been created when using IQ01.

Regards,

Arun Devidas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I have created the device through MDT. You pls follow the same step told by Minal. It should work

Regds,

Debraj

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is object type DEVICE (SWO1) with the following methods:

-> Device.CreateFromData (Create Equipment Master Record)

-> Device.Create (Create Equipment Master Record)

-> Device.CreateISU (Create IS-U: Modification for IS-U)

Please check whether you can use method Device.CreateISU for your

requirement.

I hope this is of some help.

Regards

Olivia

0 Kudos

This calls the same BAPI inside.

0 Kudos

Internally an ISU device is PM equiment only. That is why you will see that BAPI is being used. But in addition to the equipment related tables, there are other ISU specific tables for devices such EGER etc that are filled in when you are using the master data templates and not when you are using only the BAPI.

0 Kudos

I could not see the field to input the construct year, inspection relevant, and meter reading data in main screen using the master data template. Also we do not have place to enter the plant and storage location for serial (SerData TAB) in master data template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create MDT (Master data template) with subobject as DEVICE_INFO

to incorporate this functionality. Transaction to create MDT is EPRODCUST and you need to activate all the fields which you are going to pass to create data. Then you can call FM ISU_PRODUCT_IMPLEMENT to create device. You need to polpulate X_CONTAINER with all the fields which you have activated in MDT.

Hope this helps...

- Minal

0 Kudos

How can I activate the fields?

Is it that I have to set the services as Parameter?

I think this would help me solve it. Please help me.

0 Kudos

WE also do not have field to input the construct year, inspection relevant, and meter reading data in main screen. Also we do not have place to enter the plant and storage location for serial (SerData TAB)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I have created the device through MDT. You pls follow the same step told by Minal. It should work

Regds,

Debraj

bernalcastro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Since I didn't find any solution on BAPI I had to create it by my own based on the Standard code on IQ01. Basically you need to popullate EQUI, EQUZ, EQKT, V_EQUI and V_EGER structures manually with all you input data. Please refer to the form EQUIPMENT_SAVE on INCLUDE MIEQ0F90 (program SAPMIEQ0). Put atention on the function modules called in there to create the object Status (STATUS_OBJECT_CREATE, SET_TEXT_OBJECT), then on how to get the equipment number automatically with function module GET_NUMBER_NEXT, and then the CALL FUNCTION 'EQUIPMENT_SAVE' with all the structures popullated and very *important*, after calling that function and before the COMMIT WORK, you HAVE to CALL FUNCTION 'ISU_DB_V_EGER_UPDATE' in order to create the IS-U info for your equipment.

That's a brief description of what a did, so I hope it provides a tip for anyone else.

Regards,

bc

0 Kudos

You can record an BDC and generate an RFC FunctionModule from this. This should work fine, it seems the easiest way

Regards,

Bülent Cakir