cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP E-Sourcing Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new in SAP E-Sourcing technical and looking for some help on the SAP E-Sourcing script.

Can anyone provide me some help to start with script based on following inputs?

1) where to write and test the script.

2) how to call script from standard program.

please do provide me some links where I can find detailed documents on Scripting capabilities.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lajja

Incase you want to explore more on scripting

Please contact SAP for SRM 300 technical training privately / through your organisation.

This can be availed via OKP (Online Knowledge products), please contact SAP for this

The course is called E-Sourcing 5.1 Technology Consultant

Course content for technology consultant includes

Reports/ Query

Scripting

Scripting Exercise - Solution

Workflow

Workflow Exercise - Solution

System Implementation

Application Configuration on VMware

Intro to Object Migration

Advanced Configurations

Mail Configuration and Setup

Modifying Menu Items

Attachment Library

In the technical training, you will be provided training on all technical concepts.

The scripting sessions will provide you all the details to gear you up for this

Let me know if you got enough information to take this forward

Regards

Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

I'm looking for technical training course for E-Sourcing/CLM, E-Sourcing 5.1 Technology Consultant looks like a very good one. I called SAP education center and tried to get this course, but seems like nobody can help. Could you please advise how to get in this course?

Thanks alot, Jin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lshriva,

You can write script in the following section..

go to setup and under system setup goto Integration and then select script definition adn click OK..

Then click on create and select the required type of the script you wnat to write (say you want to write it for field validation).

Then select class,instance type,document type and target.

Write your script in the script section...

Your script will be called whenever u'll create the object of the class mentioned above..

Best Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Could you please tell me how to see output of created script in SAP E-Sourcing.

I have ceated several scripts. But I am not able to see expected output.

Reagrds,

Vinay Yeole.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to E-Sourcing. Can any one tell me how the interaction occurs when processing a query? I would like to know how and where the tables are stored. Is it like querying database as in oracle? Does my query affect any functionality? Can I practice writting my own queries with this tool. Kindly help.

Thanks,

Sharmele Somu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharmele,

Once you are familiar with configurations, Its more or less same as querying in Oracle because here also you will be using native SQL to write queries.

To see the schema of your system, go to Setup->Queries and Reports->Browse Full Schema. This will give you the fields in the table but not the data. If you have a development system installed in-house in your organisation, you can probably access the databse using TOAD or something similar and have a look at the data in the tables.

Queries are always safe to experiment because we do not use it to write into the database here. Once you are done with your work, you can make the query 'Inactive'

A good way to start would be to go through the 'Help' section for Queries and Reports. This can give you enough information to start work.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

It indeed helped. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sharmele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

As an initial step towards E-Sourcing, I went through some of the scripts and I came across the part of the query " WHERE CONTEXTID=<%CONTEXT(upp.acl)%> ". Can you please explain me on this? What is the exact function of CONTEXT? why does it hold a parameter upp.acl? Please help.

Thanks,

Sharmele.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharmele,

I suggest you to go through the documentation for SAP Sourcing. [This link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sourcing_80_p/helpdata/en/bf/5098d180fd4560a31da978513d5a1e/content.htm] points to the Documentation page that explains CONTEXT as well as some other attributes.

Hope this is of help to you.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

I found the required information.

Thanks,

Sharmele.