Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BPC Client Issue

Hi All,

I thought I'd run this by the Forum prior to logging an issue with SAP. We have installed a number of client PC's without any problems, however I have one machine that the client just won't work on. The client machine passed the diagnostics, I've check the .NET version and also they have office 2003. The symptoms are:

When click on the administrator, the web page appears and provides the admin menu on the right as usual with the current view. However when trying to select an option e.g. maintain dimensions nothing happens - the .NET app doesn't seem to open, not even the dialog box to select your application set. Secondly when clicking on BPC for Excel the dialog box appears and you can select the app set and it looks like it is going to open as the templates download etc - however then Excel just automatically shuts down all excel files currently open.

Any ideas? The details are as follows:

IE 7.0 was installed on the machine this morning (BPC has worked on the machine before, but it's always been a bit unstable on that machine). I reinstalled BPC after the IE 7.0 upgrade.

He has Excel 2003 (11.5612.5606) Professional edition

IE: 7.0.5730.12

.NET v1.1.4322

Kind Regards,

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question