cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you allow query or view creation in QA and PRD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you allow queries, views and workbooks to be created in QA or PRD? If so, do you transport those BEx Objects into the other systems (e.g. PRD->QA and PRD->DEV or QA->PRD and QA->DEV)?

Often I find I will be creating a query or a view in QA or PRD because those systems happen to have the data I am required to analyze. DEV does not always have the data available. But how do I move this BEx object to the other systems?

This happens most often to views of a query, but also applies to queries, workbooks etc. Like changing a workbook already transported to production.

Thanks for your input.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In our system we develop all Query's and Workbooks in

the dev sys and then it goes thru QA->P.

We are doing minor tuneups in QA and P but we always keep the path going from D->Q->P.

I hope this helps.

Reg's

Edan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I'll stick with D->Q->P. I'm sure I can create a view of all the queries and views in a particular system, then diff the results of all 3 systems to monitor what is different.

Thanks for your feedback Edan and Bhanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow-up: There is a way to export queries from Production back to Development. We are going to use this method to move important queries from prod back to dev and qa.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

In our system we (developers) are allowed to create / modify queries in the QA and Prd system. We do not actually 'develop' here, but we have this access for the reason you mention (data availability). The main query development is carried on in the Dev system and transported up, but the change access lets us to quickly solve issues many times. If we do put in a change in teh query, we replicate the change made in the dev system and transport it...no reverse transports are set up in the system.

Hope this helps...