cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search_from_here Option

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a menu that uses the ConsumerSearchGroup. However when the user selects the menu only the goto_search (Search All) option is displayed. For some reason the search_from_here (Search From Here) option isn't showing up.

This works fine on our sandbox so I am assuming someone forgot to document a configuration setting to turn this option on?

Grateful for any advice,

TA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello TA,

Typically, the items that show up in the context menus are contained within Command Groups. What you need to do is find out which Command or Command Group is being used by the layout set that is referenced by the iview that you are using. To do that, do the following:

1. Find your km navigation iview and find the layout set mentioned in the attribute called 'Layout Set'

2. View the properties of this layout set. You do this by navigating to:

System Administration -> System Configuration -> Knowledge Management -> Content Management -> User Interface -> Settings -> Layout Set

Filter the layout sets so that you can find yours.

3. View the Resource Renderer settings for your layout set. When looking at your layout set, click on the 'Resource Renderer' that is specified.

4. In the Resource Renderer, examine each of the command groups that are listed at the bottom of the settings. One of these is most contains the command(s) that you are seeing in your km navigation iview. You will want to edit the one that you want to contain the command that you mentioned is missing.

Note that sometimes the command groups contain other command groups, so you may have to do some digging to find the exact command group that you're looking for. Normally when I go looking for a command, I usually end up with two or three different portal sessions open at the same time.

You will probably want to do this in both of your environments that you mentioned so that you can compare them against each other and see where the differences are.

Hope this helps!

-StephenS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

Thanks so much for the detailed description - it is refreshing to get such a detailed view. I had however already checked all these options and the search_from_here option was shown there but not displayed to the user.

I hadn't had a chance to update my message but I did find that the issue was with the Indexes - you must have two or more indexes created to get the search_from_here option.

Answers (0)