cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicated Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have replicated the data source and trying to update my transfer rules to reflect the new field which I added into my Master data attribute.

I have the new field in the Lfet side (Data Siurce/Trans.Structure/TR)..and nothing assigned to it. But in the right side (Assign Infoobject field).. I dont see the new field to assign..

How do I do this ?

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i guess the field may not move actually (left right) ? what's the color of that field in right side ? (compare to that one exist and available for assign, black isn't move yet if i'm not wrong).

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to see in the comm: structure...

AHP

The new field does not appear in the right side(Assign Infoobject)..But is there in the left side..

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rvn,

Select both these rows (left and right) and click the move arrow button.

Hope this helps...

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you have ever move the field (with << button) then it should available for assign to infoobject, try to locate/search ? all the fields in field-infoobject are assigned ? or some blank ? check again the blanks one, who knows it's there actually.

just think... try to save and exit from transfer rules maintenance and rsa1 and change transfer rules again ?

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I dont have a row in the right side(Assign infoobject)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the new InfoObject Blue or Black in the comm structure? If Blue means already assigned, it black then it is unassigned. Try to activate the InfoSource once...

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

click the other tab first (not transfer rules but 'datasource/..' i think), i guess you haven't move the field actually.

hope this helps.

• hmm... i saw you changed the reward points (reduce) to my answer in your previous thread or it's done by system actually

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if its already assigned then it should be in the transfer structure right ?? The color is same as the other ones...Blue

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm...I am not sure how many InfoObjects you have in the right hand box (Communication Str/Trans. Structure) but can you use the Search buton here (left of Start Routine, with yellow arrow) and put in the name if this new InfoObject. See if it comes up...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the transfer rule . (Edit TR).. I key in the infoobject and the mesaage is .."0XYZ does not exist in the Infosource)...

Please help

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But you said that you can see it in the comm structure on top and that it is blue...

I would say start again: Log out and log back in. Check if it is there in the InfoObject (as attribute) and that the InfoObject is active. Then check the InfoSource / Comm structure to see if you can find that object, and if it is blue or black. If it is blue, try to locate as I mentioned in my previous post...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

It appears in Black !!

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great...did you try to type it in then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope..I am not able to typr it there. But when I click on the "X" in the Transfer structure,,,It says the infosource do not contain the new infoobject..

This is master data attribute load

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK..do not type. Can you just do a drop down and then see it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No..I am not seeing that in the drop down also..My replication of data source was sucesful...

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think we have some confusion here (screen shots would help right :-)...You have the New IO in the comm structure and it is Black. Now in the transfer rule part of the screen (lower part), on the left hand side is the box called Assign InfoObject-field.

Here can you see the new field from the datasource?

Is there any InfoObject assigned next to the field?

Can you try to type in the name of your new IO here?

Can you use the button to the left of Start Routine (on top of the right hand box called Comm Str/Transfer Rules) and look for your IO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its solved..

I was replicating at the attribute level..Not at the source system level..

Thanks Bhanu and AHP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rvn,

Try to type in the name of this new InfoObject. Have you added the new InfoObject as an attribute to the char, and activated this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added thsi as the attruibute and the infoobject is active.

I am not able to edit it.. I think it will allow to select only from the list

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you see your new InfoObject in the Comm structure on top?