cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery and Actual GI date

0 Kudos

I am getting confused by the field Actual GI date in a specific delivery. The delivery shows the Actual GI date is populated 30.03.2009 but the status is showing Goods Issue not yet started. What is the reason for this and is this just standard behaviour in SAP?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harvinder

The feild Actual GI date is when the Goods issue date will be. Say for example , you have created a sales order on 30.03.2009 and the Delivery date is 03.04.2009 , So Actual GI date will be 03.0.04.2009

Regards

Srinath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The field for actual GI date is populated witht the delivery creation date as default. so if you craete a delivery on the 30-03-09, the acutual GI date would show as 30-03-09. when you actually post the PGI , the date of posting is updated in this field

Hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

0 Kudos

I am a little confused since I am seeing most of the time actual GI date is blank and only planned GI populated for deliveries with goods movement status not complete. Is normal behavior for the actual GI to be also populated even before status not complete?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already suggested, while generating delivery, this field (Actual GI Date) will be blank and one you press "Post Goods Issue" and again if you check in VL02N, the field date would be the system date. On the other hand, today (6th) if you generate delivery and if you key in manually the Actual GI date as 01-04-09 and post the goods issue, then your inventory would get reduced only as on 01-04-09 and not as on 06-04-09.

In short, all your inventory values of salable items will be reduced based on this field only.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi