cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Category override

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

The item relevancy for delivery setting is at both item category and schedule line category levels.

What happens if I set both to True? Which over rides the other when only one is set.

I have an item which is

a) Procured into consumption - not relevant for delivery and not valuated

b) Procured into stock - should be delivered and valuated

I want to control this using single item category and using schedule lines. Could you please tell how I can achieve this?

Many Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

"Item Relevent for Delivery" is just an information. It checks whether the category you are creating is relevent for delivery. MEans it copies the "text" from order to delivery note. It only refers that item is relevent for delivery.

"Sched line allowed" indicator specifies whether you can create schedule lines for the items. Item without Schedule lines cannot be copied into delivery. That's why we maintain it. You can also remove the activation and try in case of text item it wont affect. But for value item it will definitely make an impact.

You cannot maintain the same material both as valuated and non valuated (item category group -UNBW)and issue the material. You need to maintain two different materials

Regards

Sathya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The item relevant for delivery should be marked only for those line items for which there are no schedule lines

Suppose if you are selling TV then in the sales order schedule lines for TV will come automatically and only for the TV manual (text item) the delivery relevance should be marked

In MM ,both TV and TV manual are treated as different materials in sales order TV is picked with one item category say (TAN ) and TV manual with other (text item) in the vsales order

No need to mark delivery relevance for TAN

On your comments

I have an item which is

a) Procured into consumption - not relevant for delivery and not valuated

b) Procured into stock - should be delivered and valuated

How can you say that the same item is both as valuated and non valuated?

It should be two different materials

Regards

Raja