cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS / MSS integration into Microsoft Sharepoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone. My company is interested in integrating ESS and MSS content into Microsoft Sharepoint. We are using ECC 6.0, but I am interested in hearing about any implementations that have integrated ESS or MSS content into a non-SAP portal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

You can do it for a single iView using Microsoft's (unsupported)

SAP iView Web Part Toolkit for SharePoint Products and Technologies.

See page 26 on

Interoperability between SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 and Windows SharePoint Services.pdf:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e891378-0601-0010-5386-a33...

The SAP iView Web Part Toolkit is made available under the Shared Source License at

the following URL:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=d6129dc0-efc4-457d-a821-fd26aef566de

Hope that helps,

Yoav.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

holger_stumm2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This will be a difficult task.

The main issue is, that SAP decided to implement Web Dynpro Runtime Environment only on SAP WAS. (OK, from SAPs point of view, it is a strategic plus).

When you want to implement ESS-Applications in ERP2005-environments, the only chance is to implement a WAS/Web Dynpro Server and bind it to the SharePoint Portal via the .NET Connector/Framework Kit.

Most likely, and all my customers with multiple Portal environments are doing this, is using the non-SAP portal for everything else and using SAP EP for all web dynpro connections via shared portal technologies (connectors etc) . Or you decide for an SAP-only strategy.

basically, over time, SAP will move all applications like BW, SRM, SCM, HCM, APO and else to WebDynpro-only products, that require an EP 7+ portal. So be prepared, that in the near future, you will need at least one SAP EP installation for all SAP integration

A standalone connection between something like MS Sharepoint or IBM Websphere with standard ESS/MSS scenarios is not possible, unless you re-programm the Web Dynpros as new portal applications. (Like IBM did in Websphere)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Holger - what exactly did IBM do ? as per your comment below...

"unless you re-programm the Web Dynpros as new portal applications. (Like IBM did in Websphere)"

did IBM re-program the ESS/MSS WebDynpro Java applications in Websphere?

Thanks in advance,

Tiberiu

holger_stumm2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is still valid: If you need Web Dynpro for Java, you will hae no luck with IBM Websphere.

Maybe if SAP reveils more details about Codename "Atlantic" (Interoperability between Lotus Notes and Portal), but as of now, this does not include WD Java.

I have written quite a few HR ESS/MSS Connectors with WD ABAP usinf PDF and some BSP. This can help you and is also possible within reasonable timeframe. But this is own programming, not SAP packages. But still good result and only possible with WD ABAP.

regards

Holger

former_member184564
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Just wondering if your company moved forward with this. I have a similar requirement to look into the feasibility. If you have any more info that what is on SDN it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

For iview approach, we still have to maintain SAP EP right?

Is that possible to go live merely by ECC and MS Sharepoint?

Thanks