Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Error :JCO_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario: File ->XI->File

I am getting following error in Mapping (in Runtime)

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area<b>="MAPPING">JCO_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE</b></SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1><b>Error opening an RFC connection.</</b>SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>&<b>quot;COMMUNICATION FAILURE&quot; during JCo call. Error opening an RFC connection.</b></SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>A</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

This is a simple Message Mapping. Before this error occurs the message is going to Queue with "Running Status" But it never ends.

When I restart the Queues , it goes to SYSFAIL status with the error "XI Error JCO_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE.MAPPING: Queue"

Can anybody come accross this situation ?

Is it because of some Java components are not running ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Moorthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnamoorthy,

Check the Sm59 TCP/IP connections,the connection between the Java stack and the ABAP stack. I faced the similar problem and the connection was failing everytime I executed the scenario. If the connection is failing for you, ask your basis folks to set the connection right.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arvind

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Can anybody come accross this situation ?

of course:)

>>>Is it because of some Java components are not running ?

no, it's rather because of memory problems + RFC cache

but just have a look at our previous answers

(recreating RFC dest + Udo's answer)

Regards,

michal

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your help.

I have tested this earlier. in the SM59 ->TCP/IP Connections-> AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER . It was showing successful. But sometimes it is giving this error."Error opening an RFC connection".

So Deleting the entry/recreating the entry and restarting the XI server is the only option for this ?

I am in production environment.

Thanks ,

Moorthy

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

>>>>>><i>So Deleting the entry/recreating the entry and restarting the XI server is the only option for this ?

I am in production environment</i>.

You get this kind of error when there are lots of messages to be processed simultaneously. The default number of parallel processes in VisualAdmin>JCO RFC Provider>AI_RUNTIME_<SID> is 10. Every message mapping needs one connection. If all 10 available connections are blocked from other messages you get this kind of error. Try increasing the the number of processes in VisualAdmin(VisualAdmin>JCO RFC Provider>AI_RUNTIME_<SID>) and see if that helps.

Rgds,

Sam Raju