cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement from External Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

Our company has a US plant A supplying material X to a plant B, in Asia. We had set it up as intercompany STO. So, when the demand planer ran the product hieuristic for material X in plant B, the PR proposal pointed out to plant A.

The company split. Plant B stayed with the mother company and Plant A was bought by a new company. So, it can no longer be a CC STO. The design is plant B will be customer to plant A and Plant A will be an external vendor to Plant B and plant A has to places a OR1 or OR2 Sales order in Plant B.

To achieve that, I did the following changes.

1. Removed the special procurement key for material X in Plant B that was pointing to Plant A. That took care of the transportation lane between Plant A and Plant B.

2. Deleted the STO link for ZCC in configuration with plant A as the supplying plant and Plant B as the destination plant.

3. Marked the Inforecord of plant vendor (P)A, material X and plant B.

4. Created a inforecord for an external vendor for plant B. This external vendor is a 5 digit vendor code created using ME11 in R3 and is for plant A.

After making sure all these changes CIFed to APO, when I ran the product hieuristics, no PR is created.

The system gives me a message:

The system could neither find a valid transportation lane nor an external procurement relationship.

When I checked what the 'External Procurement Relationship' SAPAPO/PWBSRC1 is about,

I found that this transaction too maintains the relationship between Destination loc Plant 1 with Source location (as plant B and not as Vendor).

Q1. What is the use of the transaction SAPAPO/PWBSRC1?

Q2. Does the system need to created a transportation lane between the plant B that has been defined as an external vendor and Plant A?

Q3. What is that missing that I need to take care of?

Pl. help.

Thanks

Narayanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When an Info record is CIFfed to APO, it automatically creates a T-lane/External Procurement relationships in APO. Just do a quick check in your product master at PlantB, the procurement type should be "F", since it is procuring from A. When there is a goods movement from location to location you need to have a T-lane between those two. If you create a T-lane in APO then there is no need of External Procurement Relationships.

You may need to maintain a Inound Quota as well at Plant A from B

Basically External procurement relationships provide the data from purchasing info records, contracts, and scheduling agreements for the purpose of planning materials procurement activities. In this way, you can not only reference a vendor from an external procurement order, you can also directly reference a specific item in an existing contract

Answers (0)