cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Journals causing poor performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

We are experiencing some poor performance when saving manual journals in BPC. Does anyone have any experience with saving journals and performance. It seems to be very slow.

Thanks,

Brian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

ok in this case I will say for sure the problem is into default logic.

Please do the test requested in my previous message to run default logic with parameters for journal and I will expect to see that this is running for 70 seconds or something like that.

So if you would like to have your journal faster. You can disable the default logic (comment everything what is there) and to run default logic after you finish with insert of journals.

Or you have to optimize the script logic to be faster.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

Can you please let us know how many records do you have into journals tables.

I would like to know jrn table and jrn details table.

Also I would like to know how long is taking deafult logic. You have to use DM package and to run default logic with the same parameters used of jrn.

Poor perfromances can arrive from;

1. Default logic is really taking around 70 seconds when you have in input jrn entries

2. Number of records from jrn tables is huge and the index if these tables doesn't have fill factor.

3. Some issue regarding tables with work status.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorin Hi,

we have 43 records in the journal table and 118 records in the detail journal table. Currently the default logic is running the spicdata matching stored procedure.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

No journal logic is in place. It takes maybe 90 seconds to save the journal.

i045436
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are you running some logic (Journal logic)? Maybe the poor performances are comming from the logic.

How long it takes a journal save?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's BPC 5.1 sp6. We have 43 records in our journal table so I don't think it's the SQL. Is there anything we can test in relation to server configuration\network ?

Thanks,

Brian

i045436
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Normally, this should not take very long. Can you verify how many records do you have in jrn<...> SQL table for your application? If you have a lot of records maybe adding some SQL indexes can increase the performances.

If you have performance issue to many other operation in your system , maybe the issue is commming from server configuration or network communication.

Best regards,

Mihaela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of BPC are you using now? If you are using 7, is it NW or MS?