cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conversion routines for objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai All,

I have an object that get s data from R/3 field thats of the length 160. But BW has only 60 as maximum number. I believe BW loads fail if I make my BW object with length 60 and send data thats 160 characters long. Do I need to have a conversion routine for the object or at the data load level, I mean at the user exit?...how can I do that? I am getting some time numbers and sometimes alphanumeric data. Also does it matter if it is a generic extraction or db connect? Can I use the same kind of mechanism?

Any information pointers are appreciated and my id is visu_venkat@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

If you send 160 chars to be loaded into 60 chars, then it will take the first 60 chars of the data and dump the rest.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Bhanu,

Thanks for the reply. Doesn'the load fail if the length doesn't match? If the system takes the first 60 and leave the rest, then there is no problem I guess. But are you sure its not going to take the rest? I will try loading something and see....

But just for my information, if I need to capture all the 160 and lets say I attach a supporting doc. How do I do this? Also there is a Transfer routine in the info object management. But I guess its not a good idea to use it.. but can you give me some sample code that I can use there...if you have any,...

Thank you any way.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

The load will not fail for this reason. If you need more than 60 chars, there are a few suggestions for doing this...try to search the forums with key word as 60, you will get a lot of posts.

The Transfer routine in InfoObject will not help for this purpose. InfoObject 0LOGSYS has a IO level routine if you would like to take a look...we have not developed this routine for any other InfoObject.

Hope this helps...

Answers (0)