cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification required on the Sales area data information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Master's,

As per the standard taxation practice,Tax determination depends upon the Tax liability of a Shipt to Party.

But in a Customer master The Tax classification is maintained in the SALES AREA DATA-BILLING TAB,To my understanding

the Billing Tab data comes from Sold to party.If so how does Billing tab convey the Tax liability of Ship to party.

I am Confused,please let me know in terms of Customer master and Partner types:

1) Which Tabs under the sales data i.e Shipping Billing...come from which Partner.i.e like Sold to party.

(Clarification required on the Sales area data information coming from which Partner functions).

Please suggest,

Thanks

Gajender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per the standard taxation practice,Tax determination depends upon the Tax liability of a Shipt to Party.

But in a Customer master The Tax classification is maintained in the SALES AREA DATA-BILLING TAB,To my understanding

the Billing Tab data comes from Sold to party.If so how does Billing tab convey the Tax liability of Ship to party.

I am Confused,please let me know in terms of Customer master and Partner types:

1) Which Tabs under the sales data i.e Shipping Billing...come from which Partner.i.e like Sold to party.

(Clarification required on the Sales area data information coming from which Partner functions).

There is no need of any confusion here

All the tabs and data or fields pertains sold to party only

If for a sold to party say 1001 if he himself is going to be SH and PY and BP then there is no confusion

If for a sold to party say 1001 the ship to party is 1002 and PY is 1003 and bill to party is himself that is 1001

This is what mentioned or assigned in the partner functions of CMR of 1001 in the sales area data

This means there are another CMR lies in the name of 1002 and 1003

Whenever an order comes for 1001 as Sold to party for tax classifications the ship to paty 1002's master record is accessed by the system

System accesses another record for a particular detail (tax details)

Similarly for this customer 1001's order for payment terms 1003's CMR is accessed by the system

System accesses another record for a particular detail ( for terms of payment)

There is no need for any confusion and if you run this in the system with different data you will understand it much better

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Refer the SAP Help URL [Copy Customer Master Fields Into The Sales Document|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/08/f62c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm]