cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System cannot find source storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I having a problem during goods issuance in WM, where the system prompts a message " System cannot find source storage bin". ( During TO Creation)

Actually i have not defined any specific Stock removal Strategy for my defined storage type since the stocks would be handled manually. (That is my stocks in the WH are in storage unit form, so during TO Creation the user would specify the storage unit upon which the system should pick the storage type, section & bin. This is happenning now, but as soon as i go to the TO Creation screen for the first time this message prompts. How do i correct this? )

As for Search Strategy:

I have defined Storage Type Search, Section Search & Bin Type Search.

from a process point of view. (Detailed below)

For ex: this industry is Apparel & i am on SAP AFS.

For Goods issuance or Transfer Posting

For Goods Issuance or Transfer Posting the user would select the required storage unit. So no stock removal strategy.

Hope this is clear, shall await a reply.

Thanks

Shabeen Buhary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You mentioned that you have defined Storage Type Search, Section Search & Bin Type Search.

If you have maintained above WM customisation then you have to have maintain storage type removal indicator in material ,stock removal strategy in storage type.

Also you have to maintain following customisation.

You have to maintain storage type search with stock removal indicator.

System will pick up the stock with storage unit & will display in TO.

Please check.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

I had already included the parameters as mentioned by you. It seems to be ok now.

Thanks for your inputs

Regards

Shabeen Buhary

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let me know if any other issue is open because you have not closed this thread.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Always in WM source Bin will be from interim storage type.

The system is not able to find SBIN for interim storage type.

first find out what movement type has been used with respect to your process. for goods issue it will be 601.

Then in SPRO>LE>WM --> activites --> Movement types

Find out for your warehouse and movement type what is the source storage type used. For standard it will be 916

Then go to interfaces followed by Interim storage type and then generate Storage bins for interim Storage type and warehouse number

This should resolve your issue